Auto Accident Attorneys in Fenton, MO
Contact our experienced Fenton, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Fenton, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of auto accidents. Please contact our Fenton auto accident lawyers now if you are looking for legal representation. Our firm provides free legal counsel to injury victims and their families. Call now for a case review.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered over $35,000,000 for injury victims. It is important to our lawyers to offer next-level legal representation. Our car and truck accident attorneys fight to win clients justified compensation. See below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in Missouri and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), around 37,000 people are killed every year in auto accidents. It is considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. In addition, more than 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, almost 25 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Car and truck accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there over 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related deaths every year. These cases usually involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of seeking reimbursement. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Fenton, MO, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors can make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related accidents are complicated, and it is crucial to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. Our firm looks into all the appropriate damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Fenton, MO, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
The Most Common Types of Auto Accidents
Compensation for car and truck accidents varies on a variety of factors. For example, drowsy driving is linked to upwards of 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths per year. Some of the most common types of car and truck accidents involve:
Additional common large truck accidents involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. See our case results to see the amount of compensation our Fenton car and truck accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a couple of ways to decide on what’s considered fair and just reimbursement. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who was involved, if there were any fatalities, where/how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Dixon’s Fenton, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to see what victims are owed in terms of compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the negligent driver would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a commercial vehicle, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This may include general damages like chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to consider.
- Medical Expenses: If you are injured, it is absolutely critical to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes surgeries, rehabilitation, medicine, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in an auto accident could mean taking time away from work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a couple of lost paychecks start to add up. Our Fenton car accident attorneys will account for missing wages in addition to any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify any claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Fenton, MO, will help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Fenton, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m in a vehicle accident? First step: Contact our Fenton, MO, accident attorneys right away. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled Fenton injury lawyer will help you add up any damages.
- How much can I get for my accident? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Fenton, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As we’ve mentioned, we focus on a number of practices in the Fenton, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Fenton auto accident attorneys now for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, Dixon’s Fenton, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.