Auto Accident Attorneys in Florissant, MO
Contact our experienced Florissant, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Florissant, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from motorcycle, car, truck, or pedestrian accidents. Please contact our Florissant auto accident lawyers today if you think you have a case. We provide free legal counsel to injury victims and their families. Call today for a free case review and consultation.
Our attorneys have recovered more than $35,000,000 for victims and their families. It’s important for our firm to offer grade-A legal counsel. Our car and truck accident lawyers fight to win clients fair reimbursement. Look at the list below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in Missouri and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), more than 37,000 people are killed annually in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered among the top 10 causes of death in the United States. Additionally, over 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, nearly a quarter involve drivers aged 16-20. Auto accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 large vehicle-related deaths each year. These cases often involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of winning reimbursement. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Florissant, MO, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors can make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto crashes are complicated, and it is important to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. Our firm looks into all the pertinent damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Florissant, MO, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
Common Types of Auto Accidents
Compensation for car and truck accidents varies on a number of factors. For example, drowsy driving is linked to more than 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths each year. Some of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Other common large truck accidents often involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. See our case results to see how much compensation our Florissant car and truck accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After an Auto Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a couple of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who’s involved, if there were any deaths, where and how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Our Florissant, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to see what victims are owed in terms of reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the one at fault (defendant) would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by an 18-wheeler, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This can include general damages like chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to consider.
- Medical Expenses: When you’re injured, it is absolutely critical to document all of your medical expenses. This includes surgeries, rehabilitation, medicine, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a car or truck accident could mean taking time off of work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a few lost paychecks begin to add up. Our Florissant car accident attorneys will account for missing wages in addition to any loss of career advancement or earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the reimbursement you deserve.
To justify any claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, take photos, get eyewitness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Florissant, MO, will help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Florissant, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a car or truck accident? Step one: Contact our Florissant, MO, accident lawyers right away. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you can get compensated for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified Florissant injury lawyer will help you add up the damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Florissant, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for clients and their families. As we’ve mentioned, we focus on a variety of practices in the Florissant, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Florissant auto accident attorneys today for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, Dixon’s Florissant, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.