Auto Accident Attorneys in Franklin County, MO
Contact our experienced Franklin County, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Franklin County, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from motorcycle, car, truck, or pedestrian accidents. You can contact our Franklin County auto accident lawyers now if you have a claim. We offer free legal counsel to victims and their families. Call now for a consultation and case review.
Our firm has recovered more than $35 million for injury victims. It’s important for our firm to provide grade-A legal counsel. Our car and truck crash lawyers fight to win clients justified compensation. See below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in the Greater St. Louis area and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), more than 37,000 people are killed each year in auto accidents. It is considered among the top 10 causes of death in the United States. Additionally, more than 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, nearly a quarter involve drivers ages 16-20. Road-related accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related fatalities every year. These cases usually involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of seeking compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in Franklin County, MO, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it is important to get an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. We will look into all the pertinent damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Franklin County, MO, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about winning a claim, sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, and the types of compensation you can win.
Common Types of Auto Accidents
Settlments for vehicle-related accidents varies on a number of factors. For example, drowsy driving is linked to more than 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths per year. Some of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Additional common commercial truck accidents often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. View our case results to see how much compensation our Franklin County auto accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a handful of ways to decide on what’s considered fair and just reimbursement. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who’s involved, if there were any deaths, where/how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Our Franklin County, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what victims are owed in regards to compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the negligent driver would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by an 18-wheeler, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This may include general damages like chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: When you’re injured, it’s absolutely crucial to document all of your medical expenses. This includes rehabilitation, surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a car or truck accident could mean taking time away from work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a couple of lost paychecks begin to add up. Our Franklin County car accident attorneys will account for missing wages and any loss of career advancement or earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the reward you deserve.
To justify your claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, get eyewitness testimonies, take photos of damage and injuries, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Franklin County, MO, will help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Franklin County, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a car or truck accident? First step: Contact Dixon’s Franklin County, MO, accident attorneys as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you can get compensated for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled Franklin County injury attorney will help you add up the damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Franklin County, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for clients and their families. As we’ve mentioned, our firm specializes in a number of practices in the Franklin County, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Franklin County auto accident attorneys today for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, our Franklin County, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.