Auto Accident Attorneys in Freeburg, IL
Contact our experienced Freeburg, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Freeburg, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from auto accidents. Feel free to contact our Freeburg auto accident lawyers right away if you have a claim. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel to victims and their families. Call today for a consultation and case review.
Our lawyers have recovered over $35,000,000 for victims and their families. It is important to our lawyers to offer top-notch legal representation. Our car and truck crash attorneys fight to win clients justified compensation. See below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in the United States:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), around 37,000 people die annually in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. In addition, more than 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, nearly a quarter involve drivers aged 16-20. Auto accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there is in excess of 4,000 large vehicle-related fatalities every year. These cases typically involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of winning compensation. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Freeburg, IL, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related crashes are complicated, and it is important to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. Our firm looks into all the appropriate damages, including liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Freeburg, IL, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about hiring a lawyer, what to expect, the amount of compensation you can win, and how to win a case.
Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
Compensation for vehicle-related accidents varies on a number of factors. For example, drowsy driving is associated with upwards of 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths per year. Some of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Other types of commercial truck accidents involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. View our case results to see how much compensation our Freeburg auto accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Vehicle-Related Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a couple of ways to calculate compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who was involved, if there were any fatalities, where and how the accident occurred, and other situations. Dixon’s Freeburg, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to see what victims are owed in terms of compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the negligent driver would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by a commercial truck, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This may include general damages such as chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: If you’re injured, it is absolutely critical to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes medication, any surgeries you may need, rehab, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident could mean taking time off of work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a few lost paychecks start to add up. Our Freeburg car accident attorneys will account for lost wages in addition to any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify your claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, get eyewitness testimonies, take photos of damage and injuries, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Freeburg, IL, will help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Freeburg, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a vehicle accident? Step one: Contact our Freeburg, IL, accident attorneys right away. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you can get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified Freeburg injury lawyer will help you add up any damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Freeburg, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As we’ve mentioned, our firm specializes in a number of practices in the Freeburg, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Freeburg auto accident attorneys today for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, our Freeburg, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.