Auto Accident Attorneys in Gasconade County, MO
Contact our experienced Gasconade County, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Gasconade County, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from auto accidents. Feel free to contact our Gasconade County auto accident lawyers today if you need legal counsel. We offer free legal representation to victims and their families. Call now for a free case review and consultation.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered over $35,000,000 for victims and their families. It is important for our firm to offer top-notch legal representation. Our car and truck crash attorneys fight to win clients justified compensation. Look at the list below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in Missouri and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), around 37,000 people are killed every year in auto accidents. It’s considered among the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. In addition, an average of 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, nearly a quarter involve drivers ages 16-20. Road-related accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there over 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related fatalities every year. These cases often involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of winning reimbursement. Our auto accident attorneys in Gasconade County, MO, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it’s important to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. We will look into all the appropriate damages, including liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Gasconade County, MO, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about winning a claim, sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, and the types of compensation you can win.
The Most Common Types of Auto Accidents
A settlement for vehicle-related accidents varies on a variety of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is linked to upwards of 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths every year. A few of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Additional types of commercial truck accidents involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. View our case results to see the amount of compensation our Gasconade County car and truck accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After an Auto Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a couple of ways to calculate compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who’s involved, if there were any fatalities, where/how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Dixon’s Gasconade County, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to see what victims are owed in terms of compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the one at fault (defendant) would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a commercial truck, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This can include general damages such as PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to consider.
- Medical Expenses: When you’re injured, it is absolutely critical to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes medication, any surgeries you may need, rehab, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a car or truck accident could mean taking time off of work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a couple of lost paychecks begin to add up. Our Gasconade County car accident attorneys will account for missing wages and any loss of career advancement or earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the reward you deserve.
To justify your claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Gasconade County, MO, will help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Gasconade County, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m in a vehicle accident? First step: Contact our Gasconade County, MO, accident lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled Gasconade County injury attorney will help you add up the damages.
- How much can I get for my accident? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Gasconade County, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As mentioned, we focus on a number of practices in the Gasconade County, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Gasconade County auto accident attorneys today for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, our Gasconade County, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.