Auto Accident Attorneys in Harrisburg, IL
Contact our experienced Harrisburg, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Harrisburg, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of vehicle-related accidents. Please contact our Harrisburg auto accident lawyers right away if you are looking for legal representation. We offer free legal representation to injury victims and their families. Call today for a consultation.
Our attorneys have recovered over $35,000,000 for clients. It is important for our firm to provide top-notch legal representation. Our car and truck crash attorneys fight to win clients fair reimbursement. Look at the list below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in Missouri and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), around 37,000 people die every year in auto accidents. It is considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the United States. In addition, an average of 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, almost 25 percent involve drivers ages 16-20. Road-related accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases typically involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of winning compensation. Our auto accident attorneys in Harrisburg, IL, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors can make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related accidents are complicated, and it is crucial to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. Our firm looks into all the appropriate damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Harrisburg, IL, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about winning a claim, sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, and the types of compensation you can win.
The Most Common Types of Auto Accidents
Compensation for car and truck accidents varies on a number of factors. For example, drowsy driving is associated with more than 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths per year. A few of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Other common commercial truck crashes often involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. See our case results to see the amount of compensation our Harrisburg auto accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After an Auto Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a handful of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who’s involved, if there were any fatalities, where/how the accident occurred, and other situations. Dixon’s Harrisburg, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what you’re owed in regards to compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the one at fault (defendant) would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a commercial truck, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This may include general damages like PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to consider.
- Medical Expenses: If you’re injured, it is absolutely critical to document all of your medical expenses. This includes rehabilitation, surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident may mean taking time away from work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a few lost paychecks start to add up. Our Harrisburg car accident attorneys will account for missing wages in addition to any loss of earning potential or career advancement. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the reimbursement you deserve.
To justify any claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Harrisburg, IL, can help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Harrisburg, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a vehicle accident? First step: Contact Dixon’s Harrisburg, IL, accident lawyers as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you can get compensated for your loss.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified Harrisburg injury attorney will help you add up the damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Harrisburg, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for clients and their families. As mentioned, we focus on a number of practices in the Harrisburg, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Harrisburg auto accident attorneys today for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, our Harrisburg, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.