Auto Accident Attorneys in Harrisburg, MO
Contact our experienced Harrisburg, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Harrisburg, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from auto accidents. Feel free to contact our Harrisburg auto accident lawyers today if you think you have a case. We offer free legal representation to victims and their families. Call now for a case review.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered over $35,000,000 for victims and their families. It is important to our lawyers to provide next-level legal representation. Our car and truck crash lawyers fight to win clients fair reimbursement. See below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in the United States:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), nearly 37,000 people die annually in auto accidents. It’s considered among the top 10 causes of death in the United States. In addition, more than 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, more than 20 percent involve drivers ages 16-20. Auto accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there over 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases often involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of seeking reimbursement. Our auto accident attorneys in Harrisburg, MO, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors can make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related accidents are complicated, and it is important to get an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. Our firm looks into all the pertinent damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Harrisburg, MO, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
Compensation for auto accidents vary based on a variety of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is linked to upwards of 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths every year. A few of the most common types of auto accidents involve:
Other common commercial truck accidents often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. View our case results to see how much compensation our Harrisburg auto accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a couple of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who’s involved, if there were any deaths, where and how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Dixon’s Harrisburg, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what victims are owed in terms of reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by an 18-wheeler, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This can include general damages like chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: If you’re injured, it’s absolutely crucial to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes rehabilitation, surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in an auto accident may mean taking time away from work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a couple of lost paychecks can add up. Our Harrisburg car accident attorneys will account for missing wages and any loss of career advancement or earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify any claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, get eyewitness testimonies, take photos of damage and injuries, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Harrisburg, MO, can help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Harrisburg, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m in a car or truck accident? First step: Contact Dixon’s Harrisburg, MO, accident attorneys as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you get compensated for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled Harrisburg injury lawyer will help you add up the damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Harrisburg, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for clients and their families. As mentioned, our firm specializes in a variety of practices in the Harrisburg, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Harrisburg auto accident attorneys now for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, our Harrisburg, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.