Auto Accident Attorneys in Hillsboro, MO
Contact our experienced Hillsboro, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Hillsboro, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from vehicle-related accidents. Please contact our Hillsboro auto accident lawyers today if you have a claim. Our firm provides free legal counsel to injury victims and their families. Call now for a free case review and consultation.
Our lawyers have recovered more than $35 million for clients. It is important for our firm to provide grade-A legal representation. Our car and truck crash attorneys fight to win clients justified compensation. Look at the list below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in the Greater St. Louis area and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), more than 37,000 people are killed each year in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered among the top 10 causes of death in the United States. In addition, an average of 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, more than 20 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Auto accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related deaths every year. These cases often involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of seeking reimbursement. Our auto accident attorneys in Hillsboro, MO, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors can make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it’s important to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. We will look into all the pertinent damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Hillsboro, MO, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about hiring a lawyer, what to expect, the amount of compensation you can win, and how to win a case.
The Most Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
A settlement for auto accidents varies on a variety of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is associated with more than 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths each year. A few of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Additional types of large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. View our case results to see how much compensation our Hillsboro car and truck accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a handful of ways to calculate compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who was involved, if there were any fatalities, where/how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Dixon’s Hillsboro, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what you’re owed in terms of reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the one at fault (defendant) would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a commercial vehicle, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This may include general damages like chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to consider.
- Medical Expenses: When you’re injured, it is absolutely crucial to document all of your medical expenses. This includes rehabilitation, surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in an auto accident could mean taking time away from work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a few lost paychecks can add up. Our Hillsboro car accident attorneys will account for missing wages and any loss of earning potential or career advancement. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify any claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, get eyewitness testimonies, take photos of damage and injuries, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Hillsboro, MO, will help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Hillsboro, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a car or truck accident? Step one: Contact our Hillsboro, MO, accident lawyers right away. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled Hillsboro injury attorney will help you add up the damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Hillsboro, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As mentioned, we focus on a number of practices in the Hillsboro, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Hillsboro auto accident attorneys today for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, Dixon’s Hillsboro, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.