Auto Accident Attorneys in House Springs, MO
Contact our experienced House Springs, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in House Springs, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of motorcycle, car, truck, or pedestrian accidents. You can contact our House Springs auto accident lawyers now if you have a claim. We provide free legal counsel to victims and their families. Call today for a case review.
Our lawyers have recovered more than $35,000,000 for victims and their families. It is important to our lawyers to offer next-level legal representation. Our car and truck crash attorneys fight to win clients fair reimbursement. See below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in Missouri and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), nearly 37,000 people die every year in auto accidents. It’s considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. In addition, more than 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, nearly a quarter involve drivers aged 16-20. Auto accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 large vehicle-related fatalities every year. These cases often involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of getting reimbursement. Our auto accident attorneys in House Springs, MO, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related crashes are complicated, and it is important to get an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. Our firm looks into all the appropriate damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in House Springs, MO, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about winning a claim, sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, and the types of compensation you can win.
The Most Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
Compensation for vehicle-related accidents vary based on a number of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is linked to more than 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths each year. Some of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Other common commercial truck accidents often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. View our case results to see the amount of compensation our House Springs car and truck accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a couple of ways to decide on what’s considered fair and just reimbursement. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who was involved, if there were any deaths, where and how the accident occurred, and other situations. Dixon’s House Springs, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to find out what victims are owed in terms of compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the negligent driver would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by an 18-wheeler, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This can include general damages like PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: When you’re injured, it is absolutely crucial to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes medication, any surgeries you may need, rehab, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident may mean taking time off of work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a couple of lost paychecks begin to add up. Our House Springs car accident attorneys will account for missing wages in addition to any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the reimbursement you deserve.
To justify your claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, take photos, get eyewitness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in House Springs, MO, can help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your House Springs, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a vehicle accident? Step one: Contact our House Springs, MO, accident attorneys right away. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you get compensated for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified House Springs injury lawyer will help you add up the damages.
- How much can I get for my accident? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our House Springs, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for clients and their families. As mentioned, we focus on a variety of practices in the House Springs, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our House Springs auto accident attorneys now for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, Dixon’s House Springs, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.