Auto Accident Attorneys in Jennings, MO
Contact our experienced Jennings, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Jennings, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of motorcycle, car, truck, or pedestrian accidents. Feel free to contact our Jennings auto accident lawyers right away if you have a claim. Our firm provides free legal representation to injury victims and their families. Call now for a case review.
Our attorneys have recovered over $35,000,000 for victims and their families. It is important for our firm to provide next-level legal representation. Our car and truck accident attorneys fight to win clients justified compensation. See below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in the Greater St. Louis area and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), around 37,000 people die every year in auto accidents. It is considered among the top 10 causes of death in the United States. In addition, more than 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, nearly a quarter involve drivers ages 16-20. Road-related accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 large vehicle-related deaths every year. These cases often involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of seeking reimbursement. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in Jennings, MO, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors can make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related accidents are complicated, and it is important to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. Our firm looks into all the appropriate damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Jennings, MO, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
Compensation for car and truck accidents varies on a number of factors. For example, drowsy driving is associated with upwards of 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths each year. Some of the most common types of car and truck accidents involve:
Additional common commercial truck accidents often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. View our case results to see how much compensation our Jennings car and truck accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Vehicle-Related Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a couple of ways to decide on what’s considered fair and just reimbursement. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who’s involved, if there were any fatalities, where and how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Our Jennings, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to find out what victims are owed in terms of compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the one at fault (defendant) would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a big rig, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This may include general damages like chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: If you are injured, it is absolutely crucial to document all of your medical expenses. This includes rehabilitation, surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident could mean taking time away from work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a few lost paychecks begin to add up. Our Jennings car accident attorneys will account for missing wages and any loss of earning potential or career advancement. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify your claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Jennings, MO, will help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Jennings, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a car or truck accident? First step: Contact Dixon’s Jennings, MO, accident attorneys right away. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you get compensated for your loss.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled Jennings injury attorney will help you add up any damages.
- How much can I get for my accident? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Jennings, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As mentioned, we focus on a number of practices in the Jennings, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Jennings auto accident attorneys today for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, our Jennings, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.