Auto Accident Attorneys in Jersey County, IL
Contact our experienced Jersey County, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Jersey County, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck, car, and motorcycle accidents. Feel free to contact our Jersey County auto accident lawyers today if you think you have a case. Our firm provides free legal representation to injury victims and their families. Call today for a consultation.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. It’s important to our lawyers to offer grade-A legal representation. Our car and truck accident attorneys fight to win clients justified compensation. See below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in the United States:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), around 37,000 people die each year in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered among the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. In addition, more than 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, nearly a quarter involve drivers ages 16-20. Road-related accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases usually involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of winning reimbursement. Our auto accident attorneys in Jersey County, IL, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related crashes are complicated, and it’s important to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. We will look into all the pertinent damages, including liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Jersey County, IL, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about winning a claim, sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, and the types of compensation you can win.
The Most Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
Settlments for auto accidents varies on a number of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is associated with upwards of 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths per year. A few of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Other common commercial truck accidents often involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. See our case results to see the amount of compensation our Jersey County auto accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a handful of ways to calculate compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who was involved, if there were any deaths, where and how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Dixon’s Jersey County, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to see what victims are owed in terms of compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by a commercial truck, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This can include general damages such as PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: If you’re injured, it is absolutely crucial to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes surgeries, rehabilitation, medicine, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in an auto accident may mean taking time off of work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a couple of lost paychecks start to add up. Our Jersey County car accident attorneys will account for missing wages and any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify any claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Jersey County, IL, can help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Jersey County, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a car or truck accident? First step: Contact Dixon’s Jersey County, IL, accident attorneys as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you get compensated for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified Jersey County injury lawyer will help you add up the damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Jersey County, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As we’ve mentioned, our firm specializes in a variety of practices in the Jersey County, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Jersey County auto accident attorneys now for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, our Jersey County, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.