Auto Accident Attorneys in Johnsonville, IL
Contact our experienced Johnsonville, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Johnsonville, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of motorcycle, car, truck, or pedestrian accidents. Please contact our Johnsonville auto accident lawyers today if you think you have a case. Our firm provides free legal counsel to victims and their families. Call now for a case review.
Our lawyers have recovered more than $35 million for injury victims. It’s important to our lawyers to provide top-notch legal counsel. Our car and truck crash lawyers fight to win clients fair reimbursement. See below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in Missouri and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), more than 37,000 people are killed every year in auto accidents. It’s considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the United States. Additionally, more than 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, almost 25 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Road-related accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there over 4,000 large vehicle-related fatalities every year. These cases usually involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of seeking compensation. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Johnsonville, IL, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors can make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it’s crucial to get an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. Our firm looks into all the pertinent damages, including liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Johnsonville, IL, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about hiring a lawyer, what to expect, the amount of compensation you can win, and how to win a case.
The Most Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
A settlement for car and truck accidents vary based on a number of factors. For example, drowsy driving is linked to upwards of 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths each year. Some of the most common types of car and truck accidents involve:
Additional types of commercial truck accidents involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. View our case results to see the amount of compensation our Johnsonville car and truck accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a couple of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who’s involved, if there were any deaths, where/how the accident occurred, and other situations. Our Johnsonville, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to find out what you’re owed in regards to compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the one at fault (defendant) would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a commercial truck, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This can include general damages such as PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to consider.
- Medical Expenses: If you’re injured, it’s absolutely critical to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes medication, any surgeries you may need, rehab, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident may mean taking time away from work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a few lost paychecks begin to add up. Our Johnsonville car accident attorneys will account for missing wages in addition to any loss of career advancement or earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify your claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, get eyewitness testimonies, take photos of damage and injuries, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Johnsonville, IL, will help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Johnsonville, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a car or truck accident? First step: Contact our Johnsonville, IL, accident lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled Johnsonville injury lawyer will help you add up the damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Johnsonville, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for clients and their families. As we’ve mentioned, our firm specializes in a number of practices in the Johnsonville, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Johnsonville auto accident attorneys now for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, our Johnsonville, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.