Auto Accident Attorneys in Kinmundy, IL
Contact our experienced Kinmundy, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Kinmundy, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from auto accidents. You can contact our Kinmundy auto accident lawyers now if you think you have a case. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel to victims and their families. Call today for a consultation and case review.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35,000,000 for injury victims. It’s important to our lawyers to offer grade-A legal representation. Our car and truck crash attorneys fight to win clients justified compensation. Look at the list below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in Missouri and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), around 37,000 people are killed each year in auto accidents. It is considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the United States. Additionally, more than 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, nearly a quarter involve drivers ages 16-20. Car and truck accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there is in excess of 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases often involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of winning compensation. Our auto accident attorneys in Kinmundy, IL, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors can make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it’s crucial to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. We will look into all the appropriate damages, including liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Kinmundy, IL, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
Common Types of Auto Accidents
Settlments for car and truck accidents varies on a number of factors. For example, drowsy driving is associated with more than 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths every year. A few of the most common types of auto accidents involve:
Additional common large truck crashes involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. See our case results to see the amount of compensation our Kinmundy car and truck accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After an Auto Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a couple of ways to decide on what’s considered fair and just reimbursement. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who was involved, if there were any fatalities, where and how the accident occurred, and other situations. Our Kinmundy, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to see what you’re owed in regards to reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by a commercial vehicle, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This may include general damages like chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to keep under consideration.
- Medical Expenses: When you’re injured, it is absolutely critical to document all of your medical expenses. This includes rehabilitation, surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident could mean taking time off of work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a few lost paychecks start to add up. Our Kinmundy car accident attorneys will account for missing wages in addition to any loss of career advancement or earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the reimbursement you deserve.
To justify your claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, take photos, get eyewitness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Kinmundy, IL, can help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Kinmundy, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a car or truck accident? Step one: Contact Dixon’s Kinmundy, IL, accident lawyers as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you can get compensated for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled Kinmundy injury attorney will help you add up the damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Kinmundy, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for clients and their families. As mentioned, our firm specializes in a variety of practices in the Kinmundy, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Kinmundy auto accident attorneys today for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, Dixon’s Kinmundy, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.