Auto Accident Attorneys in Kirkwood, MO
Contact our experienced Kirkwood, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Kirkwood, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck, car, and motorcycle accidents. You can contact our Kirkwood auto accident lawyers today if you need legal counsel. We provide free legal counsel to injury victims and their families. Call today for a consultation.
Our firm has recovered over $35,000,000 for victims and their families. It is important for our firm to offer grade-A legal counsel. Our car and truck crash attorneys fight to win clients fair reimbursement. Look at the list below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in Missouri and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), nearly 37,000 people die each year in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered among the top 10 causes of death in the United States. In addition, more than 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, more than 20 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Auto accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases often involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of seeking compensation. Our auto accident attorneys in Kirkwood, MO, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related accidents are complicated, and it’s crucial to get an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. Our firm looks into all the pertinent damages, including liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Kirkwood, MO, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
The Most Common Types of Auto Accidents
Settlments for auto accidents varies on a number of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is linked to upwards of 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths per year. A few of the most common types of car and truck accidents involve:
Additional types of large truck accidents involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. See our case results to see the amount of compensation our Kirkwood auto accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a handful of ways to decide on what’s considered fair and just reimbursement. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who was involved, if there were any fatalities, where and how the accident occurred, and other situations. Our Kirkwood, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to see what you’re owed in regards to reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the negligent driver would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a big rig, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This may include general damages like PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: When you are injured, it’s absolutely critical to document all of your medical expenses. This includes surgeries, rehabilitation, medicine, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in an auto accident may mean taking time off of work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a couple of lost paychecks start to add up. Our Kirkwood car accident attorneys will account for lost wages and any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the reimbursement you deserve.
To justify your claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, get eyewitness testimonies, take photos of damage and injuries, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Kirkwood, MO, can help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Kirkwood, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a car or truck accident? Step one: Contact Dixon’s Kirkwood, MO, accident attorneys as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you can get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified Kirkwood injury lawyer will help you add up any damages.
- How much can I get for my accident? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Kirkwood, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As we’ve mentioned, we focus on a number of practices in the Kirkwood, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Kirkwood auto accident attorneys today for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, Dixon’s Kirkwood, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.