Auto Accident Attorneys in Lawrenceville, IL
Contact our experienced Lawrenceville, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Lawrenceville, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from motorcycle, car, truck, or pedestrian accidents. Feel free to contact our Lawrenceville auto accident lawyers now if you think you have a case. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal representation to injury victims and their families. Call today for a case review.
Our attorneys have recovered over $35 million for victims and their families. It’s important to our lawyers to provide grade-A legal counsel. Our car and truck accident lawyers fight to win clients justified compensation. See below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in the United States:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), more than 37,000 people are killed each year in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered among the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. In addition, more than 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, nearly a quarter involve drivers ages 16-20. Auto accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there over 4,000 large vehicle-related fatalities every year. These cases often involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of winning reimbursement. Our auto accident attorneys in Lawrenceville, IL, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it is crucial to get an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. We will look into all the pertinent damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Lawrenceville, IL, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about winning a claim, sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, and the types of compensation you can win.
The Most Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
Settlments for auto accidents varies on a variety of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is linked to more than 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths every year. Some of the most common types of car and truck accidents involve:
Other common commercial truck accidents often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. See our case results to see how much compensation our Lawrenceville car and truck accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a couple of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who was involved, if there were any deaths, where/how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Our Lawrenceville, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to see what victims are owed in regards to compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the negligent driver would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by a commercial truck, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This can include general damages like chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to keep under consideration.
- Medical Expenses: If you are injured, it is absolutely critical to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes rehabilitation, surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident could mean taking time away from work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a couple of lost paychecks start to add up. Our Lawrenceville car accident attorneys will account for lost wages in addition to any loss of earning potential or career advancement. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify your claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, get eyewitness testimonies, take photos of damage and injuries, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Lawrenceville, IL, can help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Lawrenceville, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a vehicle accident? Step one: Contact Dixon’s Lawrenceville, IL, accident attorneys as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you can get compensated for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified Lawrenceville injury attorney will help you add up the damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Lawrenceville, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As we’ve mentioned, our firm specializes in a variety of practices in the Lawrenceville, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Lawrenceville auto accident attorneys now for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, Dixon’s Lawrenceville, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.