Auto Accident Attorneys in Lincoln County, MO
Contact our experienced Lincoln County, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Lincoln County, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of auto accidents. You can contact our Lincoln County auto accident lawyers now if you think you have a case. Our firm provides free legal counsel to victims and their families. Call now for a consultation and case review.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered over $35,000,000 for clients. It’s important for our firm to provide grade-A legal counsel. Our car and truck crash attorneys fight to win clients justified compensation. Look at the list below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in the Greater St. Louis area and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), around 37,000 people die each year in auto accidents. It’s considered among the top 10 causes of death in the United States. In addition, an average of 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, more than 20 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Auto accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there over 4,000 large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases usually involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of winning compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in Lincoln County, MO, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors can make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related accidents are complicated, and it is crucial to get an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. Our firm looks into all the pertinent damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Lincoln County, MO, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about winning a claim, sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, and the types of compensation you can win.
The Most Common Types of Auto Accidents
A settlement for auto accidents varies on a variety of factors. For example, drowsy driving is associated with more than 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths every year. Some of the most common types of car and truck accidents involve:
Additional types of large truck accidents often involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. See our case results to see the amount of compensation our Lincoln County auto accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After an Auto Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a handful of ways to decide on what’s considered fair and just reimbursement. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who’s involved, if there were any fatalities, where and how the accident occurred, and other situations. Dixon’s Lincoln County, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to find out what victims are owed in regards to reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the negligent driver would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a big rig, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This can include general damages such as PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: If you are injured, it’s absolutely critical to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes rehabilitation, surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident could mean taking time away from work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a couple of lost paychecks can add up. Our Lincoln County car accident attorneys will account for lost wages and any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify any claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, take photos, get eyewitness testimonies, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Lincoln County, MO, will help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Lincoln County, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a vehicle accident? Step one: Contact Dixon’s Lincoln County, MO, accident lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you can get compensated for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled Lincoln County injury attorney will help you add up the damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Lincoln County, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As mentioned, we focus on a number of practices in the Lincoln County, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Lincoln County auto accident attorneys now for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, Dixon’s Lincoln County, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.