Auto Accident Attorneys in Linn, MO
Contact our experienced Linn, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Linn, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from auto accidents. You can contact our Linn auto accident lawyers now if you think you have a case. We provide free legal counsel to victims and their families. Call today for a consultation.
Our lawyers have recovered more than $35,000,000 for victims and their families. It’s important to our lawyers to provide grade-A legal representation. Our car and truck crash lawyers fight to win clients fair reimbursement. Look at the list below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in Missouri and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), more than 37,000 people die annually in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. Additionally, over 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, more than 20 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Car and truck accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there is in excess of 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases usually involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of seeking reimbursement. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in Linn, MO, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto crashes are complicated, and it is crucial to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. We will look into all the pertinent damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Linn, MO, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about winning a claim, sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, and the types of compensation you can win.
Common Types of Auto Accidents
Settlments for vehicle-related accidents varies on a variety of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is associated with more than 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths each year. A few of the most common types of auto accidents involve:
Other types of commercial truck accidents involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. View our case results to see the amount of compensation our Linn car and truck accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After an Auto Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a couple of ways to decide on what’s considered fair and just reimbursement. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who’s involved, if there were any fatalities, where/how the accident occurred, and other situations. Dixon’s Linn, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what you’re owed in terms of compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the one at fault (defendant) would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a big rig, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This may include general damages such as chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep under consideration.
- Medical Expenses: If you are injured, it’s absolutely crucial to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes medication, any surgeries you may need, rehab, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident could mean taking time off of work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a couple of lost paychecks can add up. Our Linn car accident attorneys will account for missing wages in addition to any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the reimbursement you deserve.
To justify any claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, take photos, get eyewitness testimonies, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Linn, MO, can help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Linn, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a vehicle accident? Step one: Contact Dixon’s Linn, MO, accident lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified Linn injury lawyer will help you add up the damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Linn, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As mentioned, our firm specializes in a number of practices in the Linn, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Linn auto accident attorneys today for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, our Linn, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.