Auto Accident Attorneys in Macoupin County, IL
Contact our experienced Macoupin County, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Macoupin County, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of auto accidents. Please contact our Macoupin County auto accident lawyers today if you have a claim. Our firm provides free legal counsel to victims and their families. Call now for a free case review and consultation.
Our firm has recovered over $35,000,000 for clients. It’s important to our lawyers to provide top-notch legal counsel. Our car and truck crash lawyers fight to win clients fair reimbursement. See below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in the United States:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), nearly 37,000 people die every year in auto accidents. It’s considered among the top 10 causes of death in the United States. In addition, an average of 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, almost 25 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Auto accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there over 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases typically involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of getting reimbursement. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in Macoupin County, IL, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors can make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related accidents are complicated, and it’s important to get an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. Our firm looks into all the appropriate damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Macoupin County, IL, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about winning a claim, sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, and the types of compensation you can win.
Common Types of Auto Accidents
Settlments for auto accidents varies on a variety of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is linked to more than 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths per year. A few of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Additional common commercial truck crashes often involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. View our case results to see the amount of compensation our Macoupin County car and truck accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After an Auto Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a couple of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who’s involved, if there were any deaths, where and how the accident occurred, and other situations. Dixon’s Macoupin County, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to see what you’re owed in terms of compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the one at fault (defendant) would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a commercial truck, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This can include general damages like chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to consider.
- Medical Expenses: If you are injured, it’s absolutely crucial to document all of your medical expenses. This includes surgeries, rehabilitation, medicine, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident could mean taking time off of work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a couple of lost paychecks start to add up. Our Macoupin County car accident attorneys will account for lost wages in addition to any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the reward you deserve.
To justify your claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, get eyewitness testimonies, take photos of damage and injuries, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Macoupin County, IL, will help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Macoupin County, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a car or truck accident? First step: Contact Dixon’s Macoupin County, IL, accident attorneys as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled Macoupin County injury lawyer will help you add up the damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Macoupin County, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As mentioned, our firm specializes in a variety of practices in the Macoupin County, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Macoupin County auto accident attorneys now for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, Dixon’s Macoupin County, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.