Auto Accident Attorneys in Madison County, IL
Contact our experienced Madison County, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Madison County, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck, car, and motorcycle accidents. Feel free to contact our Madison County auto accident lawyers today if you are looking for legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal representation to victims and their families. Call today for a free case review and consultation.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered over $35 million for clients. It is important for our firm to offer next-level legal counsel. Our car and truck crash attorneys fight to win clients justified compensation. Look at the list below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in Missouri and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), nearly 37,000 people are killed annually in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the United States. In addition, an average of 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, more than 20 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Car and truck accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there over 4,000 large vehicle-related deaths each year. These cases typically involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of seeking reimbursement. Our auto accident attorneys in Madison County, IL, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors can make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto crashes are complicated, and it is important to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. We will look into all the pertinent damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Madison County, IL, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about winning a claim, sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, and the types of compensation you can win.
Common Types of Auto Accidents
A settlement for auto accidents varies on a number of factors. For example, drowsy driving is linked to upwards of 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths each year. A few of the most common types of auto accidents involve:
Other common large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. See our case results to see how much compensation our Madison County car and truck accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a handful of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who was involved, if there were any deaths, where/how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Dixon’s Madison County, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to find out what victims are owed in regards to compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the one at fault (defendant) would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a big rig, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This can include general damages such as chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep under consideration.
- Medical Expenses: When you’re injured, it’s absolutely critical to document all of your medical expenses. This includes rehabilitation, surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in an auto accident could mean taking time away from work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a few lost paychecks start to add up. Our Madison County car accident attorneys will account for lost wages in addition to any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify your claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Madison County, IL, can help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Madison County, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a car or truck accident? Step one: Contact Dixon’s Madison County, IL, accident attorneys as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified Madison County injury attorney will help you add up the damages.
- How much can I get for my accident? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Madison County, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for clients and their families. As we’ve mentioned, our firm specializes in a variety of practices in the Madison County, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Madison County auto accident attorneys today for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, Dixon’s Madison County, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.