Auto Accident Attorneys in Marissa, IL
Contact our experienced Marissa, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Marissa, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of motorcycle, car, truck, or pedestrian accidents. Feel free to contact our Marissa auto accident lawyers now if you need legal counsel. We provide free legal representation to injury victims and their families. Call today for a free case review and consultation.
Our firm has recovered over $35 million for injury victims. It’s important to our lawyers to offer next-level legal representation. Our car and truck crash lawyers fight to win clients justified compensation. Look at the list below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in Missouri and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), more than 37,000 people die annually in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered among the top 10 causes of death in the United States. Additionally, more than 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, nearly a quarter involve drivers ages 16-20. Auto accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases often involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of seeking compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in Marissa, IL, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related crashes are complicated, and it is important to get an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. We will look into all the appropriate damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Marissa, IL, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about hiring a lawyer, what to expect, the amount of compensation you can win, and how to win a case.
The Most Common Types of Auto Accidents
Compensation for car and truck accidents vary based on a number of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is linked to upwards of 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths per year. A few of the most common types of car and truck accidents involve:
Other common commercial truck crashes involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. See our case results to see the amount of compensation our Marissa auto accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a handful of ways to decide on what’s considered fair and just reimbursement. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who’s involved, if there were any fatalities, where and how the accident occurred, and other situations. Dixon’s Marissa, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what victims are owed in terms of reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a commercial vehicle, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This may include general damages like PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep under consideration.
- Medical Expenses: When you are injured, it is absolutely crucial to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes surgeries, rehabilitation, medicine, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in an auto accident could mean taking time off of work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a few lost paychecks begin to add up. Our Marissa car accident attorneys will account for lost wages and any loss of earning potential or career advancement. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the reward you deserve.
To justify your claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, take photos, get eyewitness testimonies, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Marissa, IL, will help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Marissa, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a vehicle accident? Step one: Contact our Marissa, IL, accident attorneys as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you can get compensated for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled Marissa injury attorney will help you add up the damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Marissa, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for clients and their families. As mentioned, we focus on a number of practices in the Marissa, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Marissa auto accident attorneys now for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, Dixon’s Marissa, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.