Auto Accident Attorneys in Maryland Heights, MO
Contact our experienced Maryland Heights, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Maryland Heights, MO. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from vehicle-related accidents. Please contact our Maryland Heights auto accident lawyers today if you have a claim. Our firm provides free legal counsel to injury victims and their families. Call today for a free case review and consultation.
Our firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. It’s important for our firm to provide next-level legal counsel. Our car and truck accident lawyers fight to win clients justified compensation. See below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in the United States:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), nearly 37,000 people are killed each year in auto accidents. It’s considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the United States. Additionally, an average of 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, almost 25 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Car and truck accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there is in excess of 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related deaths each year. These cases usually involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of seeking compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in Maryland Heights, MO, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors can make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto crashes are complicated, and it is crucial to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. Our firm looks into all the appropriate damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Maryland Heights, MO, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about hiring a lawyer, what to expect, the amount of compensation you can win, and how to win a case.
The Most Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
Compensation for vehicle-related accidents varies on a variety of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is linked to more than 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths every year. Some of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Additional common commercial truck accidents involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. See our case results to see the amount of compensation our Maryland Heights auto accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After an Auto Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a handful of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who’s involved, if there were any fatalities, where/how the accident occurred, and other situations. Dixon’s Maryland Heights, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what you’re owed in regards to compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by an 18-wheeler, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This may include general damages such as chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to consider.
- Medical Expenses: If you’re injured, it is absolutely crucial to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes surgeries, rehabilitation, medicine, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident may mean taking time away from work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a couple of lost paychecks can add up. Our Maryland Heights car accident attorneys will account for lost wages in addition to any loss of earning potential or career advancement. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify your claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Maryland Heights, MO, can help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Maryland Heights, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a car or truck accident? First step: Contact our Maryland Heights, MO, accident attorneys as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you can get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified Maryland Heights injury attorney will help you add up any damages.
- How much can I get for my accident? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Maryland Heights, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As we’ve mentioned, our firm specializes in a number of practices in the Maryland Heights, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Maryland Heights auto accident attorneys now for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, Dixon’s Maryland Heights, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.