Auto Accident Attorneys in McLeansboro, IL
Contact our experienced McLeansboro, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in McLeansboro, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck, car, and motorcycle accidents. Feel free to contact our McLeansboro auto accident lawyers today if you have a claim. We offer free legal representation to victims and their families. Call now for a case review.
Our firm has recovered over $35 million for clients. It’s important to our lawyers to offer next-level legal counsel. Our car and truck accident attorneys fight to win clients fair reimbursement. Look at the list below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in the Greater St. Louis area and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), around 37,000 people die every year in auto accidents. It’s considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. Additionally, an average of 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, almost 25 percent involve drivers ages 16-20. Auto accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there over 4,000 large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases often involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of getting compensation. Our auto accident attorneys in McLeansboro, IL, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it’s important to get an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. We will look into all the appropriate damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in McLeansboro, IL, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about winning a claim, sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, and the types of compensation you can win.
The Most Common Types of Auto Accidents
A settlement for auto accidents varies on a number of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is linked to upwards of 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths each year. A few of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Additional common large truck crashes involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. See our case results to see how much compensation our McLeansboro car and truck accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a couple of ways to calculate compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who was involved, if there were any deaths, where and how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Our McLeansboro, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to find out what you’re owed in regards to reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the one at fault (defendant) would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by an 18-wheeler, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This may include general damages such as chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: If you are injured, it’s absolutely crucial to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes medication, any surgeries you may need, rehab, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in an auto accident may mean taking time away from work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a couple of lost paychecks can add up. Our McLeansboro car accident attorneys will account for missing wages in addition to any loss of career advancement or earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify any claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, take photos, get eyewitness testimonies, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in McLeansboro, IL, will help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your McLeansboro, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a car or truck accident? Step one: Contact our McLeansboro, IL, accident lawyers as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you can get compensated for your loss.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified McLeansboro injury lawyer will help you add up the damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our McLeansboro, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for clients and their families. As mentioned, we focus on a number of practices in the McLeansboro, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our McLeansboro auto accident attorneys now for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, our McLeansboro, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.