Auto Accident Attorneys in Mill Shoals, IL
Contact our experienced Mill Shoals, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Mill Shoals, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck, car, and motorcycle accidents. Feel free to contact our Mill Shoals auto accident lawyers today if you need legal counsel. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel to victims and their families. Call today for a consultation and case review.
Our attorneys have recovered more than $50 million for victims and their families. It’s important to our lawyers to offer next-level legal counsel. Our car and truck crash attorneys fight to win clients justified compensation. Look at the list below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in the United States:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), more than 37,000 people are killed every year in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered among the top 10 causes of death in the United States. In addition, more than 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, almost 25 percent involve drivers ages 16-20. Road-related accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there over 4,000 large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases usually involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of getting compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in Mill Shoals, IL, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors can make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related crashes are complicated, and it’s crucial to get an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. We will look into all the appropriate damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Mill Shoals, IL, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about hiring a lawyer, what to expect, the amount of compensation you can win, and how to win a case.
Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
Compensation for vehicle-related accidents varies on a variety of factors. For example, drowsy driving is linked to upwards of 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths each year. A few of the most common types of car and truck accidents involve:
Additional types of commercial truck accidents involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. See our case results to see the amount of compensation our Mill Shoals auto accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a couple of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who was involved, if there were any fatalities, where and how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Our Mill Shoals, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what victims are owed in regards to compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the one at fault (defendant) would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by an 18-wheeler, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This can include general damages such as PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to consider.
- Medical Expenses: When you’re injured, it’s absolutely critical to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes rehabilitation, surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a car or truck accident could mean taking time off of work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a couple of lost paychecks begin to add up. Our Mill Shoals car accident attorneys will account for lost wages and any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the reimbursement you deserve.
To justify any claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, take photos, get eyewitness testimonies, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Mill Shoals, IL, will help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Mill Shoals, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m in a vehicle accident? Step one: Contact Dixon’s Mill Shoals, IL, accident lawyers right away. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you get compensated for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled Mill Shoals injury attorney will help you add up any damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Mill Shoals, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for clients and their families. As mentioned, our firm specializes in a variety of practices in the Mill Shoals, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Mill Shoals auto accident attorneys now for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, our Mill Shoals, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.