Auto Accident Attorneys in Miller City, IL
Contact our experienced Miller City, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Miller City, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of vehicle-related accidents. Feel free to contact our Miller City auto accident lawyers right away if you need legal counsel. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel to injury victims and their families. Call now for a consultation.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35,000,000 for clients. It’s important for our firm to offer top-notch legal representation. Our car and truck crash attorneys fight to win clients justified compensation. See below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in Missouri and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), around 37,000 people die annually in auto accidents. It’s considered among the top 10 causes of death in the United States. Additionally, an average of 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, almost 25 percent involve drivers ages 16-20. Car and truck accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there is in excess of 4,000 large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases usually involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of seeking compensation. Our auto accident attorneys in Miller City, IL, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it’s crucial to get an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. Our firm looks into all the pertinent damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Miller City, IL, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about winning a claim, sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, and the types of compensation you can win.
Common Types of Auto Accidents
Compensation for car and truck accidents vary based on a variety of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is linked to upwards of 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths per year. Some of the most common types of car and truck accidents involve:
Other common commercial truck crashes involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. See our case results to see the amount of compensation our Miller City car and truck accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a couple of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who was involved, if there were any deaths, where/how the accident occurred, and other situations. Dixon’s Miller City, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to find out what victims are owed in terms of compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the negligent driver would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by a big rig, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This may include general damages like chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep under consideration.
- Medical Expenses: When you are injured, it’s absolutely critical to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes medication, any surgeries you may need, rehab, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a car or truck accident could mean taking time off of work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a couple of lost paychecks begin to add up. Our Miller City car accident attorneys will account for missing wages and any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify your claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, get eyewitness testimonies, take photos of damage and injuries, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Miller City, IL, will help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Miller City, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a vehicle accident? First step: Contact our Miller City, IL, accident lawyers right away. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you can get compensated for your loss.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified Miller City injury lawyer will help you add up any damages.
- How much can I get for my accident? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Miller City, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As mentioned, our firm specializes in a number of practices in the Miller City, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Miller City auto accident attorneys now for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, our Miller City, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.