Auto Accident Attorneys in Montgomery County, IL
Contact our experienced Montgomery County, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Montgomery County, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of auto accidents. Feel free to contact our Montgomery County auto accident lawyers now if you are looking for legal representation. We provide free legal representation to victims and their families. Call now for a free case review and consultation.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered over $50 million for injury victims. It’s important to our lawyers to offer grade-A legal representation. Our car and truck accident lawyers fight to win clients fair reimbursement. See below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in the Greater St. Louis area and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), more than 37,000 people are killed each year in auto accidents. It is considered among the top 10 causes of death in the United States. In addition, an average of 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, almost 25 percent involve drivers ages 16-20. Road-related accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there is in excess of 4,000 large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases usually involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of getting reimbursement. Our auto accident attorneys in Montgomery County, IL, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors can make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related accidents are complicated, and it’s important to get an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. Our firm looks into all the appropriate damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Montgomery County, IL, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about winning a claim, sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, and the types of compensation you can win.
The Most Common Types of Auto Accidents
Compensation for auto accidents vary based on a number of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is associated with more than 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths each year. A few of the most common types of car and truck accidents involve:
Additional types of large truck accidents often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. See our case results to see how much compensation our Montgomery County auto accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Vehicle-Related Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a couple of ways to decide on what’s considered fair and just reimbursement. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who’s involved, if there were any deaths, where and how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Our Montgomery County, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what victims are owed in terms of compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a commercial truck, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This may include general damages like chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: When you are injured, it is absolutely crucial to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes surgeries, rehabilitation, medicine, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident may mean taking time away from work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a few lost paychecks can add up. Our Montgomery County car accident attorneys will account for missing wages and any loss of career advancement or earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the reimbursement you deserve.
To justify your claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, take photos, get eyewitness testimonies, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Montgomery County, IL, will help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Montgomery County, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m in a vehicle accident? Step one: Contact our Montgomery County, IL, accident lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you get compensated for your loss.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled Montgomery County injury attorney will help you add up the damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Montgomery County, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As mentioned, our firm specializes in a number of practices in the Montgomery County, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Montgomery County auto accident attorneys today for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, Dixon’s Montgomery County, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.