Auto Accident Attorneys in Nashville, IL
Contact our experienced Nashville, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Nashville, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck, car, and motorcycle accidents. Please contact our Nashville auto accident lawyers today if you think you have a case. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel to victims and their families. Call now for a free case review and consultation.
Our attorneys have recovered more than $35,000,000 for clients. It’s important for our firm to offer next-level legal counsel. Our car and truck accident lawyers fight to win clients fair reimbursement. Look at the list below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in the Greater St. Louis area and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), around 37,000 people are killed annually in auto accidents. It is considered among the top 10 causes of death in the United States. In addition, an average of 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, more than 20 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Car and truck accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there over 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related fatalities every year. These cases often involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of seeking compensation. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Nashville, IL, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it is crucial to get an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. Our firm looks into all the appropriate damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Nashville, IL, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about hiring a lawyer, what to expect, the amount of compensation you can win, and how to win a case.
The Most Common Types of Auto Accidents
A settlement for auto accidents varies on a number of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is associated with more than 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths per year. A few of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Other common large truck accidents involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. View our case results to see the amount of compensation our Nashville auto accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a couple of ways to calculate compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who was involved, if there were any deaths, where/how the accident occurred, and other situations. Dixon’s Nashville, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what victims are owed in regards to reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by an 18-wheeler, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This may include general damages such as chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: If you’re injured, it is absolutely crucial to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes surgeries, rehabilitation, medicine, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in an auto accident could mean taking time away from work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a few lost paychecks start to add up. Our Nashville car accident attorneys will account for lost wages in addition to any loss of earning potential or career advancement. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the reimbursement you deserve.
To justify any claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Nashville, IL, can help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Nashville, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a vehicle accident? Step one: Contact Dixon’s Nashville, IL, accident lawyers as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled Nashville injury attorney will help you add up the damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Nashville, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for clients and their families. As mentioned, our firm specializes in a number of practices in the Nashville, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Nashville auto accident attorneys today for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, Dixon’s Nashville, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.