Auto Accident Attorneys in New Haven, MO
Contact our experienced New Haven, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in New Haven, MO. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from vehicle-related accidents. You can contact our New Haven auto accident lawyers now if you need legal counsel. Our firm provides free legal representation to victims and their families. Call now for a consultation.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered over $35,000,000 for victims and their families. It’s important for our firm to offer top-notch legal representation. Our car and truck accident attorneys fight to win clients justified compensation. Look at the list below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in the United States:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), more than 37,000 people are killed every year in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered among the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. Additionally, an average of 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, almost 25 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Road-related accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there over 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases typically involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of seeking reimbursement. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in New Haven, MO, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors can make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto crashes are complicated, and it’s important to get an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. Our firm looks into all the appropriate damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in New Haven, MO, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about winning a claim, sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, and the types of compensation you can win.
The Most Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
Compensation for auto accidents varies on a variety of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is linked to more than 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths each year. A few of the most common types of car and truck accidents involve:
Other common commercial truck accidents often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. See our case results to see the amount of compensation our New Haven car and truck accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Vehicle-Related Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a couple of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who was involved, if there were any deaths, where/how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Dixon’s New Haven, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to find out what you’re owed in terms of reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the negligent driver would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a commercial truck, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This can include general damages like chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: If you’re injured, it is absolutely crucial to document all of your medical expenses. This includes rehabilitation, surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a car or truck accident could mean taking time off of work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a few lost paychecks start to add up. Our New Haven car accident attorneys will account for lost wages in addition to any loss of career advancement or earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the reward you deserve.
To justify any claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, get eyewitness testimonies, take photos of damage and injuries, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in New Haven, MO, will help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your New Haven, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m in a car or truck accident? First step: Contact Dixon’s New Haven, MO, accident attorneys as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you can get compensated for your loss.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified New Haven injury attorney will help you add up the damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our New Haven, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for clients and their families. As we’ve mentioned, we focus on a number of practices in the New Haven, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our New Haven auto accident attorneys now for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, our New Haven, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.