Auto Accident Attorneys in Oakdale, IL
Contact our experienced Oakdale, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Oakdale, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of vehicle-related accidents. Please contact our Oakdale auto accident lawyers right away if you have a claim. We provide free legal representation to victims and their families. Call today for a consultation and case review.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for injury victims. It’s important for our firm to offer top-notch legal counsel. Our car and truck accident attorneys fight to win clients justified compensation. See below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in the Greater St. Louis area and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), around 37,000 people die annually in auto accidents. It is considered among the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. Additionally, more than 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, nearly a quarter involve drivers aged 16-20. Road-related accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there over 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases often involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of getting compensation. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Oakdale, IL, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it is crucial to get an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. Our firm looks into all the appropriate damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Oakdale, IL, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
The Most Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
A settlement for auto accidents vary based on a variety of factors. For example, drowsy driving is linked to upwards of 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths each year. Some of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Additional common commercial truck accidents often involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. View our case results to see the amount of compensation our Oakdale auto accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a handful of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who was involved, if there were any deaths, where/how the accident occurred, and other situations. Our Oakdale, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what you’re owed in terms of reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the negligent driver would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by a big rig, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This can include general damages like chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to consider.
- Medical Expenses: If you’re injured, it is absolutely critical to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes medication, any surgeries you may need, rehab, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a car or truck accident may mean taking time away from work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a few lost paychecks begin to add up. Our Oakdale car accident attorneys will account for lost wages and any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the reward you deserve.
To justify any claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Oakdale, IL, will help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Oakdale, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a vehicle accident? Step one: Contact our Oakdale, IL, accident lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you can get compensated for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled Oakdale injury attorney will help you add up the damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Oakdale, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As we’ve mentioned, our firm specializes in a variety of practices in the Oakdale, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Oakdale auto accident attorneys now for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, Dixon’s Oakdale, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.