Auto Accident Attorneys in Oakville, MO
Contact our experienced Oakville, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Oakville, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from auto accidents. You can contact our Oakville auto accident lawyers right away if you have a claim. Our firm provides free legal counsel to injury victims and their families. Call today for a free case review and consultation.
Our lawyers have recovered more than $35,000,000 for clients. It’s important for our firm to offer next-level legal counsel. Our car and truck accident attorneys fight to win clients fair reimbursement. Look at the list below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in the Greater St. Louis area and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), around 37,000 people are killed every year in auto accidents. It is considered among the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. Additionally, more than 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, more than 20 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Car and truck accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related deaths each year. These cases usually involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of winning reimbursement. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Oakville, MO, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors can make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related crashes are complicated, and it’s crucial to get an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. Our firm looks into all the pertinent damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Oakville, MO, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about hiring a lawyer, what to expect, the amount of compensation you can win, and how to win a case.
The Most Common Types of Auto Accidents
Settlments for car and truck accidents varies on a variety of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is associated with more than 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths per year. A few of the most common types of car and truck accidents involve:
Other types of large truck accidents often involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. See our case results to see how much compensation our Oakville auto accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After an Auto Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a handful of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who’s involved, if there were any fatalities, where and how the accident occurred, and other situations. Our Oakville, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to find out what victims are owed in terms of reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the negligent driver would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a big rig, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This can include general damages such as chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to consider.
- Medical Expenses: When you are injured, it’s absolutely critical to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes medication, any surgeries you may need, rehab, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in an auto accident may mean taking time away from work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a few lost paychecks can add up. Our Oakville car accident attorneys will account for lost wages in addition to any loss of earning potential or career advancement. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the reward you deserve.
To justify any claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, get eyewitness testimonies, take photos of damage and injuries, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Oakville, MO, will help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Oakville, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a car or truck accident? Step one: Contact Dixon’s Oakville, MO, accident lawyers right away. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you get compensated for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled Oakville injury lawyer will help you add up the damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Oakville, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for clients and their families. As mentioned, we focus on a variety of practices in the Oakville, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Oakville auto accident attorneys now for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, our Oakville, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.