Auto Accident Attorneys in Olney, IL
Contact our experienced Olney, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Olney, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from auto accidents. Feel free to contact our Olney auto accident lawyers today if you have a claim. We offer free legal counsel to victims and their families. Call now for a consultation and case review.
Our attorneys have recovered over $35,000,000 for victims and their families. It’s important for our firm to provide top-notch legal representation. Our car and truck crash lawyers fight to win clients justified compensation. Look at the list below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in Missouri and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), around 37,000 people are killed every year in auto accidents. It is considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. In addition, an average of 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, nearly a quarter involve drivers aged 16-20. Road-related accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there over 4,000 large vehicle-related deaths each year. These cases often involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of getting reimbursement. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Olney, IL, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors can make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it is important to get an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. We will look into all the appropriate damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Olney, IL, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
A settlement for car and truck accidents varies on a variety of factors. For example, drowsy driving is associated with more than 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths per year. Some of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Other types of large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. See our case results to see how much compensation our Olney car and truck accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Vehicle-Related Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a handful of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who was involved, if there were any deaths, where/how the accident occurred, and other situations. Dixon’s Olney, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to see what victims are owed in terms of reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the negligent driver would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a commercial truck, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This may include general damages such as chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: If you are injured, it is absolutely critical to document all of your medical expenses. This includes rehabilitation, surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in an auto accident could mean taking time off of work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a few lost paychecks can add up. Our Olney car accident attorneys will account for lost wages and any loss of earning potential or career advancement. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the reimbursement you deserve.
To justify any claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, take photos, get eyewitness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Olney, IL, will help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Olney, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a car or truck accident? First step: Contact Dixon’s Olney, IL, accident lawyers as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you can get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified Olney injury lawyer will help you add up any damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Olney, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for clients and their families. As mentioned, we focus on a number of practices in the Olney, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Olney auto accident attorneys today for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, our Olney, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.