Auto Accident Attorneys in Omaha, IL
Contact our experienced Omaha, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Omaha, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from motorcycle, car, truck, or pedestrian accidents. Feel free to contact our Omaha auto accident lawyers now if you need legal counsel. Our firm provides free legal counsel to injury victims and their families. Call today for a free case review and consultation.
Our attorneys have recovered over $35,000,000 for injury victims. It’s important to our lawyers to offer next-level legal representation. Our car and truck accident lawyers fight to win clients fair reimbursement. See below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in Missouri and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), nearly 37,000 people are killed each year in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered among the top 10 causes of death in the United States. In addition, over 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, almost 25 percent involve drivers ages 16-20. Road-related accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there is in excess of 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related deaths every year. These cases often involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of getting compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in Omaha, IL, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors can make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related crashes are complicated, and it is crucial to get an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. We will look into all the appropriate damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Omaha, IL, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about winning a claim, sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, and the types of compensation you can win.
Common Types of Auto Accidents
A settlement for vehicle-related accidents vary based on a variety of factors. For example, drowsy driving is linked to upwards of 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths every year. A few of the most common types of auto accidents involve:
Additional common large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. See our case results to see how much compensation our Omaha auto accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a couple of ways to calculate compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who was involved, if there were any deaths, where and how the accident occurred, and other situations. Our Omaha, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what you’re owed in regards to reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a big rig, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This may include general damages such as chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to consider.
- Medical Expenses: When you are injured, it is absolutely critical to document all of your medical expenses. This includes rehabilitation, surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a car or truck accident may mean taking time away from work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a couple of lost paychecks can add up. Our Omaha car accident attorneys will account for lost wages and any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify your claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, take photos, get eyewitness testimonies, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Omaha, IL, will help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Omaha, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a vehicle accident? First step: Contact our Omaha, IL, accident lawyers as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you can get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled Omaha injury lawyer will help you add up any damages.
- How much can I get for my accident? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Omaha, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for clients and their families. As mentioned, we focus on a variety of practices in the Omaha, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Omaha auto accident attorneys now for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, Dixon’s Omaha, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.