Auto Accident Attorneys in Overland, MO
Contact our experienced Overland, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Overland, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from vehicle-related accidents. You can contact our Overland auto accident lawyers today if you have a claim. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel to injury victims and their families. Call now for a free case review and consultation.
Our lawyers have recovered over $35 million for clients. It is important to our lawyers to offer grade-A legal counsel. Our car and truck crash attorneys fight to win clients justified compensation. Look at the list below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in the Greater St. Louis area and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), around 37,000 people die every year in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the United States. Additionally, an average of 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, almost 25 percent involve drivers ages 16-20. Auto accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there is in excess of 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related deaths every year. These cases often involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of winning compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in Overland, MO, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto crashes are complicated, and it is important to get an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. Our firm looks into all the pertinent damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Overland, MO, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about hiring a lawyer, what to expect, the amount of compensation you can win, and how to win a case.
The Most Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
Compensation for vehicle-related accidents varies on a number of factors. For example, drowsy driving is linked to upwards of 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths per year. A few of the most common types of car and truck accidents involve:
Additional common large truck accidents often involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. See our case results to see the amount of compensation our Overland car and truck accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After an Auto Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a couple of ways to decide on what’s considered fair and just reimbursement. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who’s involved, if there were any deaths, where/how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Dixon’s Overland, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to find out what you’re owed in terms of compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the negligent driver would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a commercial truck, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This can include general damages like PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: When you’re injured, it is absolutely critical to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes surgeries, rehabilitation, medicine, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a car or truck accident could mean taking time off of work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a few lost paychecks start to add up. Our Overland car accident attorneys will account for missing wages in addition to any loss of career advancement or earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the reward you deserve.
To justify any claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, get eyewitness testimonies, take photos of damage and injuries, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Overland, MO, can help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Overland, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a vehicle accident? Step one: Contact our Overland, MO, accident lawyers right away. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you can get compensated for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified Overland injury attorney will help you add up the damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Overland, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As mentioned, our firm specializes in a number of practices in the Overland, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Overland auto accident attorneys now for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, Dixon’s Overland, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.