Auto Accident Attorneys in Parkersburg, IL
Contact our experienced Parkersburg, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Parkersburg, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of vehicle-related accidents. Feel free to contact our Parkersburg auto accident lawyers now if you have a claim. Our firm provides free legal representation to victims and their families. Call now for a consultation.
Our attorneys have recovered more than $35,000,000 for injury victims. It is important for our firm to provide top-notch legal counsel. Our car and truck accident lawyers fight to win clients fair reimbursement. See below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in the Greater St. Louis area and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), more than 37,000 people die every year in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered among the top 10 causes of death in the United States. Additionally, more than 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, more than 20 percent involve drivers ages 16-20. Car and truck accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there over 4,000 large vehicle-related fatalities every year. These cases usually involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of seeking reimbursement. Our auto accident attorneys in Parkersburg, IL, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related crashes are complicated, and it is crucial to get an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. We will look into all the pertinent damages, including liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Parkersburg, IL, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
A settlement for car and truck accidents vary based on a variety of factors. For example, drowsy driving is linked to upwards of 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths every year. Some of the most common types of car and truck accidents involve:
Additional common commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. View our case results to see the amount of compensation our Parkersburg car and truck accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After an Auto Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a handful of ways to calculate compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who’s involved, if there were any fatalities, where and how the accident occurred, and other situations. Our Parkersburg, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what victims are owed in terms of reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the one at fault (defendant) would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by an 18-wheeler, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This can include general damages such as PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to keep under consideration.
- Medical Expenses: When you’re injured, it’s absolutely crucial to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes medication, any surgeries you may need, rehab, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident could mean taking time away from work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a couple of lost paychecks begin to add up. Our Parkersburg car accident attorneys will account for missing wages and any loss of career advancement or earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the reimbursement you deserve.
To justify any claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Parkersburg, IL, can help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your Parkersburg, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a vehicle accident? Step one: Contact our Parkersburg, IL, accident lawyers as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified Parkersburg injury lawyer will help you add up any damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Parkersburg, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for clients and their families. As we’ve mentioned, we focus on a variety of practices in the Parkersburg, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Parkersburg auto accident attorneys today for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, our Parkersburg, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.