Auto Accident Attorneys in Pickneyville, IL
Contact our experienced Pickneyville, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Pickneyville, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from vehicle-related accidents. Please contact our Pickneyville auto accident lawyers now if you have a claim. We provide free legal representation to victims and their families. Call now for a free case review and consultation.
Our firm has recovered more than $35 million for victims and their families. It is important to our lawyers to provide next-level legal counsel. Our car and truck accident lawyers fight to win clients fair reimbursement. See below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in Missouri and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), nearly 37,000 people are killed annually in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the United States. Additionally, more than 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, more than 20 percent involve drivers ages 16-20. Road-related accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there is in excess of 4,000 large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases usually involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of winning reimbursement. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in Pickneyville, IL, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors can make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto crashes are complicated, and it is crucial to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. Our firm looks into all the pertinent damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Pickneyville, IL, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about hiring a lawyer, what to expect, the amount of compensation you can win, and how to win a case.
The Most Common Types of Auto Accidents
A settlement for vehicle-related accidents varies on a variety of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is linked to upwards of 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths every year. A few of the most common types of auto accidents involve:
Additional types of large truck accidents often involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. View our case results to see the amount of compensation our Pickneyville auto accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Vehicle-Related Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a handful of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who’s involved, if there were any fatalities, where and how the accident occurred, and other situations. Dixon’s Pickneyville, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to see what you’re owed in terms of compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the negligent driver would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by an 18-wheeler, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This may include general damages such as PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: When you are injured, it’s absolutely crucial to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes rehabilitation, surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in an auto accident could mean taking time off of work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a few lost paychecks can add up. Our Pickneyville car accident attorneys will account for missing wages in addition to any loss of career advancement or earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the reimbursement you deserve.
To justify your claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, take photos, get eyewitness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Pickneyville, IL, can help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Pickneyville, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m in a vehicle accident? First step: Contact Dixon’s Pickneyville, IL, accident lawyers as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you can get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled Pickneyville injury attorney will help you add up the damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Pickneyville, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for clients and their families. As we’ve mentioned, we focus on a variety of practices in the Pickneyville, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Pickneyville auto accident attorneys today for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, our Pickneyville, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.