Auto Accident Attorneys in Quincy, MO
Contact our experienced Quincy, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Quincy, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck, car, and motorcycle accidents. Please contact our Quincy auto accident lawyers now if you have a claim. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel to injury victims and their families. Call today for a case review.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for victims and their families. It’s important for our firm to offer next-level legal representation. Our car and truck accident attorneys fight to win clients justified compensation. See below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in the United States:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), around 37,000 people die every year in auto accidents. It’s considered among the top 10 causes of death in the United States. In addition, an average of 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, almost 25 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Auto accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 large vehicle-related deaths every year. These cases typically involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of getting compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in Quincy, MO, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related crashes are complicated, and it is important to get an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. Our firm looks into all the pertinent damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Quincy, MO, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
Common Types of Auto Accidents
A settlement for car and truck accidents vary based on a variety of factors. For example, drowsy driving is linked to more than 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths each year. A few of the most common types of car and truck accidents involve:
Additional types of large truck accidents involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. View our case results to see how much compensation our Quincy auto accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a handful of ways to calculate compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who was involved, if there were any deaths, where/how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Dixon’s Quincy, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what you’re owed in regards to reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the negligent driver would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by a commercial truck, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This can include general damages like chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to keep under consideration.
- Medical Expenses: If you are injured, it is absolutely critical to document all of your medical expenses. This includes medication, any surgeries you may need, rehab, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident could mean taking time away from work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a couple of lost paychecks start to add up. Our Quincy car accident attorneys will account for missing wages and any loss of earning potential or career advancement. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the reward you deserve.
To justify your claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, take photos, get eyewitness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Quincy, MO, can help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Quincy, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m in a car or truck accident? First step: Contact Dixon’s Quincy, MO, accident attorneys as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified Quincy injury lawyer will help you add up the damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Quincy, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for clients and their families. As we’ve mentioned, we focus on a number of practices in the Quincy, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Quincy auto accident attorneys now for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, our Quincy, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.