Auto Accident Attorneys in Rockwood, IL
Contact our experienced Rockwood, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Rockwood, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from motorcycle, car, truck, or pedestrian accidents. Please contact our Rockwood auto accident lawyers right away if you need legal counsel. Our firm provides free legal representation to injury victims and their families. Call now for a consultation.
Our attorneys have recovered over $35,000,000 for injury victims. It’s important to our lawyers to provide next-level legal counsel. Our car and truck accident attorneys fight to win clients fair reimbursement. See below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in the United States:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), more than 37,000 people are killed each year in auto accidents. It’s considered among the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. In addition, over 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, almost 25 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Car and truck accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there over 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related deaths every year. These cases usually involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of winning compensation. Our auto accident attorneys in Rockwood, IL, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related crashes are complicated, and it’s important to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. We will look into all the appropriate damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Rockwood, IL, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about hiring a lawyer, what to expect, the amount of compensation you can win, and how to win a case.
The Most Common Types of Auto Accidents
Settlments for auto accidents vary based on a number of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is associated with more than 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths each year. Some of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Other common commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. See our case results to see how much compensation our Rockwood car and truck accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Vehicle-Related Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a handful of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who’s involved, if there were any fatalities, where/how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Dixon’s Rockwood, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to see what you’re owed in terms of reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a big rig, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This may include general damages such as PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to consider.
- Medical Expenses: If you are injured, it’s absolutely critical to document all of your medical expenses. This includes surgeries, rehabilitation, medicine, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in an auto accident may mean taking time off of work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a few lost paychecks begin to add up. Our Rockwood car accident attorneys will account for lost wages and any loss of earning potential or career advancement. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify any claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, get eyewitness testimonies, take photos of damage and injuries, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Rockwood, IL, will help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Rockwood, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a vehicle accident? First step: Contact Dixon’s Rockwood, IL, accident attorneys as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled Rockwood injury attorney will help you add up the damages.
- How much can I get for my accident? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Rockwood, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As mentioned, we focus on a variety of practices in the Rockwood, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Rockwood auto accident attorneys now for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, our Rockwood, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.