Auto Accident Attorneys in Saint Charles County, MO
Contact our experienced Saint Charles County, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Saint Charles County, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck, car, and motorcycle accidents. Please contact our Saint Charles County auto accident lawyers right away if you have a claim. We provide free legal counsel to injury victims and their families. Call now for a case review.
Our lawyers have recovered over $35 million for clients. It is important to our lawyers to provide next-level legal counsel. Our car and truck accident lawyers fight to win clients justified compensation. Look at the list below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in the Greater St. Louis area and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), nearly 37,000 people die annually in auto accidents. It’s considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the United States. In addition, an average of 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, almost 25 percent involve drivers ages 16-20. Auto accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related deaths every year. These cases usually involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of getting compensation. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Saint Charles County, MO, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it is crucial to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. We will look into all the appropriate damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Saint Charles County, MO, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
The Most Common Types of Auto Accidents
Compensation for vehicle-related accidents varies on a variety of factors. For example, drowsy driving is linked to more than 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths per year. Some of the most common types of auto accidents involve:
Other types of large truck accidents often involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. View our case results to see how much compensation our Saint Charles County auto accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After an Auto Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a couple of ways to calculate compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who was involved, if there were any fatalities, where and how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Dixon’s Saint Charles County, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to find out what you’re owed in regards to reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a commercial truck, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This may include general damages such as chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to keep under consideration.
- Medical Expenses: If you’re injured, it’s absolutely critical to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes surgeries, rehabilitation, medicine, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a car or truck accident may mean taking time away from work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a few lost paychecks start to add up. Our Saint Charles County car accident attorneys will account for lost wages in addition to any loss of career advancement or earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the reward you deserve.
To justify your claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, take photos, get eyewitness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Saint Charles County, MO, will help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Saint Charles County, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m in a car or truck accident? First step: Contact our Saint Charles County, MO, accident lawyers right away. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you get compensated for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified Saint Charles County injury attorney will help you add up the damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Saint Charles County, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As mentioned, we focus on a number of practices in the Saint Charles County, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Saint Charles County auto accident attorneys today for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, Dixon’s Saint Charles County, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.