Auto Accident Attorneys in Saint Clair County, IL
Contact our experienced Saint Clair County, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Saint Clair County, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck, car, and motorcycle accidents. You can contact our Saint Clair County auto accident lawyers right away if you have a claim. We provide free legal representation to victims and their families. Call now for a consultation and case review.
Our firm has recovered over $35,000,000 for injury victims. It is important to our lawyers to offer next-level legal counsel. Our car and truck crash attorneys fight to win clients justified compensation. See below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in the Greater St. Louis area and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), more than 37,000 people are killed each year in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the United States. In addition, over 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, almost 25 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Car and truck accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related fatalities every year. These cases typically involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of seeking reimbursement. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Saint Clair County, IL, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors can make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it’s crucial to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. Our firm looks into all the pertinent damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Saint Clair County, IL, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
The Most Common Types of Auto Accidents
A settlement for car and truck accidents vary based on a variety of factors. For example, drowsy driving is associated with more than 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths each year. Some of the most common types of auto accidents involve:
Additional common large truck crashes involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. View our case results to see how much compensation our Saint Clair County car and truck accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Vehicle-Related Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a couple of ways to calculate compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who’s involved, if there were any deaths, where/how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Our Saint Clair County, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what you’re owed in terms of reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the one at fault (defendant) would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by an 18-wheeler, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This can include general damages like PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to keep under consideration.
- Medical Expenses: When you’re injured, it is absolutely crucial to document all of your medical expenses. This includes rehabilitation, surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident may mean taking time away from work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a few lost paychecks start to add up. Our Saint Clair County car accident attorneys will account for missing wages and any loss of earning potential or career advancement. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the reimbursement you deserve.
To justify your claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Saint Clair County, IL, will help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Saint Clair County, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a vehicle accident? First step: Contact Dixon’s Saint Clair County, IL, accident attorneys right away. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled Saint Clair County injury attorney will help you add up any damages.
- How much can I get for my accident? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Saint Clair County, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As mentioned, our firm specializes in a number of practices in the Saint Clair County, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Saint Clair County auto accident attorneys now for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, Dixon’s Saint Clair County, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.