Auto Accident Attorneys in Saint Francois County, MO
Contact our experienced Saint Francois County, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Saint Francois County, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of auto accidents. Feel free to contact our Saint Francois County auto accident lawyers today if you have a claim. Our firm provides free legal counsel to victims and their families. Call today for a consultation and case review.
Our lawyers have recovered more than $35,000,000 for injury victims. It’s important to our lawyers to provide grade-A legal representation. Our car and truck accident lawyers fight to win clients justified compensation. See below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in the United States:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), around 37,000 people die each year in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. Additionally, an average of 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, nearly a quarter involve drivers aged 16-20. Auto accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases typically involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of getting compensation. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Saint Francois County, MO, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors can make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto crashes are complicated, and it’s important to get an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. We will look into all the pertinent damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Saint Francois County, MO, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about winning a claim, sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, and the types of compensation you can win.
The Most Common Types of Auto Accidents
Settlments for auto accidents vary based on a number of factors. For example, drowsy driving is linked to more than 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths each year. Some of the most common types of car and truck accidents involve:
Other types of commercial truck accidents involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. See our case results to see how much compensation our Saint Francois County car and truck accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Vehicle-Related Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a couple of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who’s involved, if there were any fatalities, where and how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Dixon’s Saint Francois County, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what you’re owed in terms of compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a commercial vehicle, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This may include general damages like chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep under consideration.
- Medical Expenses: When you’re injured, it is absolutely crucial to document all of your medical expenses. This includes surgeries, rehabilitation, medicine, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in an auto accident could mean taking time off of work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a couple of lost paychecks start to add up. Our Saint Francois County car accident attorneys will account for missing wages in addition to any loss of career advancement or earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify your claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Saint Francois County, MO, can help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Saint Francois County, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m in a car or truck accident? First step: Contact Dixon’s Saint Francois County, MO, accident attorneys as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you can get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified Saint Francois County injury attorney will help you add up any damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Saint Francois County, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As mentioned, our firm specializes in a variety of practices in the Saint Francois County, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Saint Francois County auto accident attorneys now for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, our Saint Francois County, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.