Auto Accident Attorneys in Sainte Genevieve County, MO
Contact our experienced Sainte Genevieve County, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Sainte Genevieve County, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of auto accidents. You can contact our Sainte Genevieve County auto accident lawyers today if you have a claim. We provide free legal counsel to injury victims and their families. Call today for a case review.
Our firm has recovered over $35,000,000 for victims and their families. It is important to our lawyers to offer next-level legal representation. Our car and truck crash lawyers fight to win clients fair reimbursement. See below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in Missouri and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), more than 37,000 people are killed each year in auto accidents. It’s considered among the top 10 causes of death in the United States. Additionally, over 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, nearly a quarter involve drivers ages 16-20. Car and truck accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases usually involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of seeking compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in Sainte Genevieve County, MO, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors can make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto crashes are complicated, and it’s important to get an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. Our firm looks into all the appropriate damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Sainte Genevieve County, MO, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
The Most Common Types of Auto Accidents
Compensation for auto accidents vary based on a variety of factors. For example, drowsy driving is linked to upwards of 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths each year. Some of the most common types of car and truck accidents involve:
Other common commercial truck crashes involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. View our case results to see the amount of compensation our Sainte Genevieve County auto accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a handful of ways to calculate compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who was involved, if there were any fatalities, where and how the accident occurred, and other situations. Our Sainte Genevieve County, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to see what you’re owed in regards to reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by an 18-wheeler, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This may include general damages like chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to consider.
- Medical Expenses: If you are injured, it’s absolutely crucial to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes rehabilitation, surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in an auto accident could mean taking time off of work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a couple of lost paychecks begin to add up. Our Sainte Genevieve County car accident attorneys will account for missing wages in addition to any loss of earning potential or career advancement. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the reward you deserve.
To justify any claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, get eyewitness testimonies, take photos of damage and injuries, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Sainte Genevieve County, MO, will help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Sainte Genevieve County, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a vehicle accident? First step: Contact our Sainte Genevieve County, MO, accident attorneys right away. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified Sainte Genevieve County injury attorney will help you add up any damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Sainte Genevieve County, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for clients and their families. As we’ve mentioned, we focus on a variety of practices in the Sainte Genevieve County, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Sainte Genevieve County auto accident attorneys today for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, our Sainte Genevieve County, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.