Auto Accident Attorneys in Salem, IL
Contact our experienced Salem, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Salem, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck, car, and motorcycle accidents. Feel free to contact our Salem auto accident lawyers today if you need legal counsel. We offer free legal representation to injury victims and their families. Call today for a consultation.
Our firm has recovered more than $35,000,000 for clients. It’s important to our lawyers to offer top-notch legal representation. Our car and truck crash lawyers fight to win clients fair reimbursement. See below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in the United States:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), more than 37,000 people are killed annually in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered among the top 10 causes of death in the United States. Additionally, more than 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, almost 25 percent involve drivers ages 16-20. Road-related accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related deaths each year. These cases typically involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of winning reimbursement. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Salem, IL, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related crashes are complicated, and it is important to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. We will look into all the appropriate damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Salem, IL, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
Common Types of Auto Accidents
Compensation for auto accidents varies on a variety of factors. For example, drowsy driving is linked to upwards of 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths each year. Some of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Other common commercial truck crashes involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. See our case results to see the amount of compensation our Salem car and truck accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a couple of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who was involved, if there were any fatalities, where and how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Our Salem, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to see what you’re owed in regards to reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the one at fault (defendant) would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by a commercial vehicle, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This may include general damages like chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: When you are injured, it’s absolutely critical to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes medication, any surgeries you may need, rehab, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident may mean taking time off of work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a couple of lost paychecks can add up. Our Salem car accident attorneys will account for missing wages and any loss of earning potential or career advancement. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify your claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, get eyewitness testimonies, take photos of damage and injuries, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in Salem, IL, can help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Salem, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a vehicle accident? Step one: Contact Dixon’s Salem, IL, accident lawyers right away. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you can get compensated for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled Salem injury attorney will help you add up the damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Salem, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for clients and their families. As we’ve mentioned, we focus on a variety of practices in the Salem, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Salem auto accident attorneys today for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, our Salem, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.