Auto Accident Attorneys in Shiloh, IL
Contact our experienced Shiloh, IL, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Shiloh, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck, car, and motorcycle accidents. Please contact our Shiloh auto accident lawyers right away if you have a claim. We offer free legal representation to victims and their families. Call now for a consultation.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered over $35 million for clients. It is important for our firm to provide top-notch legal counsel. Our car and truck accident lawyers fight to win clients justified compensation. See below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in the United States:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), nearly 37,000 people are killed each year in auto accidents. It is considered among the top 10 causes of death in the United States. Additionally, over 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, almost 25 percent involve drivers ages 16-20. Road-related accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there is in excess of 4,000 large vehicle-related fatalities every year. These cases usually involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of getting compensation. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Shiloh, IL, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors can make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related accidents are complicated, and it is crucial to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. Our firm looks into all the appropriate damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Shiloh, IL, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
The Most Common Types of Auto Accidents
Settlments for car and truck accidents varies on a variety of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is linked to upwards of 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths per year. Some of the most common types of auto accidents involve:
Other common commercial truck accidents involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. View our case results to see how much compensation our Shiloh auto accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After an Auto Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a handful of ways to decide on what’s considered fair and just reimbursement. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who was involved, if there were any deaths, where and how the accident occurred, and other situations. Dixon’s Shiloh, IL, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to find out what you’re owed in regards to reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the one at fault (defendant) would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a commercial vehicle, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This may include general damages such as PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: When you are injured, it’s absolutely critical to document all of your medical expenses. This includes medication, any surgeries you may need, rehab, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in an auto accident could mean taking time off of work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a couple of lost paychecks can add up. Our Shiloh car accident attorneys will account for lost wages and any loss of career advancement or earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify your claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, take photos, get eyewitness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Shiloh, IL, will help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Shiloh, IL, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a vehicle accident? Step one: Contact Dixon’s Shiloh, IL, accident attorneys right away. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified Shiloh injury lawyer will help you add up any damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Shiloh, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As we’ve mentioned, we focus on a number of practices in the Shiloh, IL, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Shiloh auto accident attorneys now for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, our Shiloh, IL, auto accident attorneys are here to help.