Auto Accident Attorneys in Springfield, MO
Contact our experienced Springfield, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Springfield, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from auto accidents. Please contact our Springfield auto accident lawyers now if you need legal counsel. We offer free legal counsel to injury victims and their families. Call today for a free case review and consultation.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered over $35 million for victims and their families. It’s important for our firm to provide next-level legal counsel. Our car and truck accident attorneys fight to win clients fair reimbursement. See below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in the United States:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), nearly 37,000 people die annually in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. Additionally, an average of 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, almost 25 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Auto accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there is in excess of 4,000 large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases usually involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of winning reimbursement. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in Springfield, MO, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it is important to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. Our firm looks into all the appropriate damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Springfield, MO, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, gathering information, and winning a case.
Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
Settlments for auto accidents vary based on a variety of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is linked to more than 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths every year. A few of the most common types of car and truck accidents involve:
Other common large truck accidents often involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. View our case results to see the amount of compensation our Springfield auto accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a handful of ways to decide on what’s considered fair and just reimbursement. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who was involved, if there were any fatalities, where/how the accident occurred, and other situations. Dixon’s Springfield, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to see what victims are owed in terms of reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the negligent driver would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by a big rig, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This can include general damages such as PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep under consideration.
- Medical Expenses: If you are injured, it’s absolutely crucial to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes medication, any surgeries you may need, rehab, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in an auto accident may mean taking time away from work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a couple of lost paychecks start to add up. Our Springfield car accident attorneys will account for lost wages and any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the reward you deserve.
To justify your claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, get eyewitness testimonies, take photos of damage and injuries, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Springfield, MO, can help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Springfield, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a car or truck accident? First step: Contact our Springfield, MO, accident lawyers right away. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you get compensated for your loss.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified Springfield injury lawyer will help you add up the damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Springfield, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for clients and their families. As we’ve mentioned, our firm specializes in a number of practices in the Springfield, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Springfield auto accident attorneys today for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, our Springfield, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.