Auto Accident Attorneys in St. Charles, MO
Contact our experienced St. Charles, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in St. Charles, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from motorcycle, car, truck, or pedestrian accidents. Please contact our St. Charles auto accident lawyers today if you need legal counsel. We provide free legal counsel to victims and their families. Call now for a consultation.
Our lawyers have recovered over $35,000,000 for victims and their families. It’s important for our firm to offer grade-A legal representation. Our car and truck crash attorneys fight to win clients justified compensation. Look at the list below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in the Greater St. Louis area and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), nearly 37,000 people die each year in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered among the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. Additionally, more than 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, nearly a quarter involve drivers aged 16-20. Auto accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there over 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related fatalities every year. These cases often involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of seeking reimbursement. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in St. Charles, MO, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors can make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it’s important to get an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. We will look into all the appropriate damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in St. Charles, MO, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about hiring a lawyer, what to expect, the amount of compensation you can win, and how to win a case.
Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
A settlement for auto accidents vary based on a number of factors. For instance, drowsy driving is linked to upwards of 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths each year. A few of the most common types of auto accidents involve:
Additional types of commercial truck accidents involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. View our case results to see the amount of compensation our St. Charles car and truck accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After an Auto Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a couple of ways to decide on what’s considered fair and just reimbursement. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who was involved, if there were any deaths, where/how the accident occurred, and other situations. Our St. Charles, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what victims are owed in terms of compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by an 18-wheeler, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This can include general damages such as PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to keep under consideration.
- Medical Expenses: If you are injured, it is absolutely crucial to document all of your medical expenses. This includes medication, any surgeries you may need, rehab, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in an auto accident may mean taking time away from work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a few lost paychecks start to add up. Our St. Charles car accident attorneys will account for lost wages in addition to any loss of earning potential or career advancement. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify your claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in St. Charles, MO, can help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your St. Charles, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a car or truck accident? Step one: Contact our St. Charles, MO, accident attorneys right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you get compensated for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified St. Charles injury attorney will help you add up the damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our St. Charles, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for clients and their families. As we’ve mentioned, we focus on a number of practices in the St. Charles, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our St. Charles auto accident attorneys today for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, Dixon’s St. Charles, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.