Auto Accident Attorneys in St. Clair, MO
Contact our experienced St. Clair, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in St. Clair, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of motorcycle, car, truck, or pedestrian accidents. Feel free to contact our St. Clair auto accident lawyers now if you have a claim. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal representation to victims and their families. Call now for a consultation and case review.
Our attorneys have recovered more than $50 million for victims and their families. It is important to our lawyers to provide top-notch legal counsel. Our car and truck accident attorneys fight to win clients justified compensation. Look at the list below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in Missouri and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), around 37,000 people are killed each year in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the United States. In addition, more than 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, almost 25 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Road-related accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related deaths each year. These cases often involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of seeking reimbursement. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in St. Clair, MO, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors can make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto crashes are complicated, and it’s important to get an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. Our firm looks into all the pertinent damages, including liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in St. Clair, MO, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about winning a claim, sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, and the types of compensation you can win.
The Most Common Types of Auto Accidents
A settlement for auto accidents vary based on a variety of factors. For example, drowsy driving is linked to upwards of 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths each year. A few of the most common types of auto accidents involve:
Other common commercial truck accidents often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. View our case results to see how much compensation our St. Clair auto accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Vehicle-Related Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a couple of ways to decide on what’s considered fair and just reimbursement. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who’s involved, if there were any deaths, where and how the accident occurred, and other situations. Dixon’s St. Clair, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to see what victims are owed in regards to compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the negligent driver would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a big rig, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This can include general damages like chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to consider.
- Medical Expenses: When you are injured, it is absolutely critical to document all of your medical expenses. This includes rehabilitation, surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a car or truck accident may mean taking time off of work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a few lost paychecks begin to add up. Our St. Clair car accident attorneys will account for lost wages and any loss of earning potential or career advancement. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify any claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, get eyewitness testimonies, take photos of damage and injuries, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in St. Clair, MO, can help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your St. Clair, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a car or truck accident? Step one: Contact our St. Clair, MO, accident attorneys as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you can get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled St. Clair injury lawyer will help you add up any damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our St. Clair, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As mentioned, we focus on a variety of practices in the St. Clair, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our St. Clair auto accident attorneys today for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, our St. Clair, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.