Auto Accident Attorneys in St. Louis County, MO
Contact our experienced St. Louis County, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in St. Louis County, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of vehicle-related accidents. Feel free to contact our St. Louis County auto accident lawyers now if you have a claim. Our firm provides free legal representation to victims and their families. Call today for a free case review and consultation.
Our firm has recovered over $50 million for injury victims. It is important to our lawyers to provide top-notch legal counsel. Our car and truck accident lawyers fight to win clients justified compensation. See below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in Missouri and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), nearly 37,000 people are killed annually in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the United States. In addition, an average of 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, almost 25 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Auto accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases typically involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of seeking compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in St. Louis County, MO, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it is important to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. We will look into all the appropriate damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in St. Louis County, MO, have also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about winning a claim, sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, and the types of compensation you can win.
The Most Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
Settlments for car and truck accidents varies on a number of factors. For example, drowsy driving is associated with more than 72,000 crashes and nearly 1,000 deaths each year. A few of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Additional types of large truck crashes often involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. View our case results to see how much compensation our St. Louis County car and truck accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After an Auto Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a handful of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who was involved, if there were any fatalities, where and how the accident occurred, and other situations. Our St. Louis County, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what you’re owed in terms of reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may be partially at fault. This means the one at fault (defendant) would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by a commercial truck, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This can include general damages like chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to keep under consideration.
- Medical Expenses: If you’re injured, it is absolutely critical to document all of your medical expenses. This includes rehabilitation, surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident may mean taking time off of work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a few lost paychecks begin to add up. Our St. Louis County car accident attorneys will account for lost wages in addition to any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from carpooling expenses, fees for a nanny, transportation to and from a hospital, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the reward you deserve.
To justify your claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in St. Louis County, MO, will help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages because of an accident.
Your St. Louis County, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a vehicle accident? Step one: Contact Dixon’s St. Louis County, MO, accident lawyers as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you can get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified St. Louis County injury attorney will help you add up the damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our St. Louis County, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As mentioned, we focus on a variety of practices in the St. Louis County, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our St. Louis County auto accident attorneys today for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, our St. Louis County, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.