Auto Accident Attorneys in St. Louis, MO
Contact our experienced St. Louis, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in St. Louis, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from motorcycle, car, truck, or pedestrian accidents. Please contact our St. Louis auto accident lawyers today if you think you have a case. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal representation to victims and their families. Call now for a free case review and consultation.
Our firm has recovered more than $35 million for victims and their families. It is important for our firm to offer grade-A legal counsel. Our car and truck crash attorneys fight to win clients fair reimbursement. Look at the list below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in the Greater St. Louis area and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), nearly 37,000 people die every year in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered one of the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. In addition, an average of 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, almost 25 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Car and truck accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there is in excess of 4,000 large vehicle-related fatalities every year. These cases usually involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of seeking compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in St. Louis, MO, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors can make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it is crucial to get an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. Our firm looks into all the pertinent damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in St. Louis, MO, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about winning a claim, sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, and the types of compensation you can win.
Common Types of Car and Truck Accidents
Settlments for vehicle-related accidents vary based on a number of factors. For example, drowsy driving is linked to more than 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths every year. A few of the most common types of car and truck accidents involve:
Additional common commercial truck crashes involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. See our case results to see the amount of compensation our St. Louis auto accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a couple of ways to decide on what’s considered fair and just reimbursement. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who’s involved, if there were any fatalities, where and how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Dixon’s St. Louis, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to see what victims are owed in terms of reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a commercial vehicle, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To begin with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This can include general damages like chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other damages to keep in mind.
- Medical Expenses: If you’re injured, it is absolutely crucial to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes medication, any surgeries you may need, rehab, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a car or truck accident may mean taking time away from work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a few lost paychecks can add up. Our St. Louis car accident attorneys will account for lost wages in addition to any loss of earning potential or career advancement. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify any claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, keep track of expenses, gather photos and witness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in St. Louis, MO, will help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your St. Louis, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s our job to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a vehicle accident? First step: Contact Dixon’s St. Louis, MO, accident lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you can get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified St. Louis injury attorney will help you add up the damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our St. Louis, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for injured victims and their families. As mentioned, we focus on a variety of practices in the St. Louis, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our St. Louis auto accident attorneys today for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car or truck accident, Dixon’s St. Louis, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.