Auto Accident Attorneys in St. Paul, MO
Contact our experienced St. Paul, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Auto Accident Attorneys in St. Paul, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from motorcycle, car, truck, or pedestrian accidents. Please contact our St. Paul auto accident lawyers right away if you are looking for legal representation. We provide free legal representation to victims and their families. Call today for a free case review and consultation.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered over $35 million for injury victims. It’s important for our firm to offer top-notch legal counsel. Our car and truck crash lawyers fight to win clients justified compensation. See below for a few quick facts about auto accidents in the United States:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), more than 37,000 people are killed every year in auto accidents. Auto accidents are considered among the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. Additionally, more than 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, more than 20 percent involve drivers aged 16-20. Auto accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases typically involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of getting reimbursement. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in St. Paul, MO, help victims win settlements against larger insurers and in court.
- General liability insurance for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5 million. Victims and survivors are able to make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Vehicle-related accidents are complicated, and it is crucial to get an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. Our firm looks into all the appropriate damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in St. Paul, MO, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about winning a claim, sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, and the types of compensation you can win.
Common Types of Auto Accidents
Compensation for auto accidents varies on a number of factors. For example, drowsy driving is linked to more than 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths every year. A few of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Additional types of commercial truck accidents involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. View our case results to see how much compensation our St. Paul auto accident attorneys have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After an Auto Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a handful of ways to figure out fair compensation. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who was involved, if there were any fatalities, where/how the accident occurred, and other circumstances. Dixon’s St. Paul, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to figure out what victims are owed in regards to reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you are hit by a commercial truck, who pays? You need to look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident stress and recovery. This can include general damages like PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to keep under consideration.
- Medical Expenses: When you are injured, it’s absolutely critical to document all of your medical expenses. This includes rehabilitation, surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident could mean taking time away from work. When you add in expenses like rehab and medical bills, a few lost paychecks begin to add up. Our St. Paul car accident attorneys will account for lost wages in addition to any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage may extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes personal property like jewelry, a watch, and phones.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It is important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the reimbursement you deserve.
To justify any claim to damages like emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, take photos, get eyewitness testimonies, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in St. Paul, MO, can help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You’ll need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your St. Paul, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably alter your life and the lives of others. As experienced personal injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are some other things you should know:
- What should I do if I’m in a car or truck accident? Step one: Contact Dixon’s St. Paul, MO, accident lawyers as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you can get compensated for your loss.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled St. Paul injury lawyer will help you add up any damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our St. Paul, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $37 million for clients and their families. As we’ve mentioned, we focus on a variety of practices in the St. Paul, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our St. Paul auto accident attorneys today for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, our St. Paul, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.