Auto Accident Attorneys in St. Peters, MO
Contact our experienced St. Peters, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in St. Peters, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck, car, and motorcycle accidents. Feel free to contact our St. Peters auto accident lawyers now if you are looking for legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal representation to injury victims and their families. Call now for a case review.
Our firm has recovered more than $35,000,000 for victims and their families. It is important to our lawyers to offer next-level legal counsel. Our car and truck accident attorneys fight to win clients justified compensation. See below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in the Greater St. Louis area and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), more than 37,000 people die every year in auto accidents. It is considered among the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. Additionally, more than 2.3 million people are disabled or injured in road accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, nearly a quarter involve drivers aged 16-20. Car and truck accidents are the number one cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there are more than 4,000 large vehicle-related deaths every year. These cases often involve surviving family members who have the difficult task of winning compensation. Dixon’s auto accident attorneys in St. Peters, MO, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability for larger vehicles usually ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors can make claims against the negligent driver and their insurer in addition to the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it’s crucial to hire an experienced auto accident lawyer right away. Our firm looks into all the pertinent damages, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in St. Peters, MO, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs focusing on car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about hiring a lawyer, what to expect, the amount of compensation you can win, and how to win a case.
The Most Common Types of Auto Accidents
Compensation for auto accidents vary based on a number of factors. For example, drowsy driving is associated with more than 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths every year. A few of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Additional common commercial truck accidents often involve failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. See our case results to see the amount of compensation our St. Peters auto accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
Considering these accidents, there are a handful of ways to decide on what’s considered fair and just reimbursement. The damages you can claim after a car accident vary on who’s involved, if there were any fatalities, where/how the accident occurred, and other situations. Dixon’s St. Peters, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to find out what you’re owed in regards to reimbursement. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Some states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the defendant would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by an 18-wheeler, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering is often one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This may include general damages such as chronic pain, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to keep under consideration.
- Medical Expenses: When you are injured, it is absolutely critical to document all of your medical expenses. This includes rehabilitation, surgeries, pharmaceuticals, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a car or truck accident could mean taking time away from work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a couple of lost paychecks begin to add up. Our St. Peters car accident attorneys will account for lost wages in addition to any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney right away to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
To justify your claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely crucial to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, get eyewitness testimonies, take photos of damage and injuries, and even document your recovery process and emotional wellbeing. An experienced auto accident attorney in St. Peters, MO, will help you gather all of these documents to support your claim. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your St. Peters, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m in a vehicle accident? Step one: Contact Dixon’s St. Peters, MO, accident lawyers as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified St. Peters injury attorney will help you add up the damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our St. Peters, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for clients and their families. As mentioned, we focus on a variety of practices in the St. Peters, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our St. Peters auto accident attorneys now for a free case review and consultation. There is no up-front commitment and you don’t pay if we don’t win your case. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, Dixon’s St. Peters, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.