Auto Accident Attorneys in Town and Country, MO
Contact our experienced Town and Country, MO, auto accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Town and Country, MO. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of motorcycle, car, truck, or pedestrian accidents. Feel free to contact our Town and Country auto accident lawyers right away if you think you have a case. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal representation to injury victims and their families. Call now for a consultation.
Our lawyers have recovered more than $35,000,000 for clients. It’s important to our lawyers to provide top-notch legal representation. Our car and truck accident lawyers fight to win clients fair reimbursement. See below for a couple of quick facts about auto accidents in Missouri and Illinois:
- According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), more than 37,000 people are killed each year in auto accidents. It’s considered among the top 10 causes of death in the United States. In addition, an average of 2.3 million people are injured or disabled in vehicle-related accidents. Of the 37,000 fatalities, nearly a quarter involve drivers ages 16-20. Auto accidents are the leading cause of death for healthy citizens.
- The FMCSA reports that there is in excess of 4,000 truck or large vehicle-related fatalities each year. These cases typically involve survivors such as family who have the difficult task of getting compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm’s auto accident attorneys in Town and Country, MO, help victims negotiate with large insurance companies and win settlements.
- General liability for larger vehicles ranges between $300,000 and $5,000,000. Victims and survivors can make claims against the insurer and other negligent parties as well as the owner of the truck or rental company. Auto accidents are complicated, and it’s crucial to get an experienced auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. We will look into all the pertinent damages, including property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages.
Our auto accident attorneys in Town and Country, MO, also put together a comprehensive set of FAQs for car accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death cases where we answer common questions about winning a claim, sending demand letters, hiring lawyers, and the types of compensation you can win.
Common Types of Auto Accidents
Compensation for vehicle-related accidents vary based on a variety of factors. For example, drowsy driving is linked to more than 72,000 crashes and almost 1,000 deaths each year. Some of the most common types of vehicle-related accidents involve:
Additional common commercial truck accidents often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. See our case results to see the amount of compensation our Town and Country car and truck accident lawyers have won for victims.
Recoverable Damages After an Auto Accident
In any one of these accidents, there are a handful of ways to decide on what’s considered fair and just reimbursement. The damages you can claim after a car accident depend on who’s involved, if there were any deaths, where/how the accident occurred, and other situations. Dixon’s Town and Country, MO, auto accident attorneys will consider general and special damages to find out what victims are owed in regards to compensation. These include:
- Comparative Fault: Certain states (like Missouri) use Comparative fault, where a plaintiff may only be partially at fault. This means the one at fault (defendant) would pay a percentage based on comparative fault.
- Liability: Who is liable? If you’re hit by a big rig, who pays? An experienced lawyer will look into who owns the truck, their insurers, and other factors.
- Pain and Suffering: When you calculate your damages, pain and suffering can be one of the more difficult factors to adjust for. To start with, pain and suffering accounts for post-accident recovery and stress. This can include general damages like PTSD, depression, anxiety, ongoing (chronic pain), and other lasting mental and physical injuries. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are other factors to consider.
- Medical Expenses: When you’re injured, it is absolutely crucial to document any and all of your medical expenses. This includes medication, any surgeries you may need, rehab, and other factors and long-term health effects.
- Lost Wages: Being in a vehicle accident may mean taking time away from work. When you add in medical bills and other expenses, a couple of lost paychecks begin to add up. Our Town and Country car accident attorneys will account for lost wages and any loss of earning potential. Read more about calculating lost income here.
- Property Damage: Was your car totaled? Were other vehicles involved? Property damage can extend to repair costs are replacements based on fair market value. “Property” also includes damaged phones, jewelry, watches, and other personal property.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Everything from childcare fees, transportation, and even gas money can be added to special damages. It’s important to contact a local auto accident attorney as soon as possible to make sure you get the reward you deserve.
To justify your claim to emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages, it’s absolutely critical to document everything. You need to request medical records and police reports, take photos, get eyewitness testimonies, and even document your state of mind during the recovery process. An experienced auto accident attorney in Town and Country, MO, will help you gather all of these documents to support your case. You will need all the information you can get to convince claims adjusters and courts that you suffered monetary damages due to an accident.
Your Town and Country, MO, Auto Accident Attorneys
A car or truck accident can irrevocably change your life and the lives of others. As experienced injury lawyers, it’s up to us to make sure the legal process is as smooth and easy as possible. Here are a few additional things you should know:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a car or truck accident? Step one: Contact Dixon’s Town and Country, MO, accident lawyers as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you get reimbursed for your loss.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled Town and Country injury attorney will help you add up any damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
You can also read our free e-book about car accident compensation here:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Town and Country, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact a Local Auto Accident Attorney Now
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $37 million for clients and their families. As mentioned, our firm specializes in a variety of practices in the Town and Country, MO, area. These include:
Don’t hesitate to contact our Town and Country auto accident attorneys now for a free consultation and case review. There is no up-front commitment and if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe our firm a thing. If you or a loved one have been involved in a vehicle-related accident, our Town and Country, MO, auto accident attorneys are here to help.